13

"Hey, at least he's attractive."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean, Luce?"

"I'm just saying: at least if he gets picked on it's because he's gay and he's mute and not because he's unattractive."

Antonio felt his brain topple over and fall onto his side after hearing Lucario's utterly absurd statement. In fact, it angered him a little. But he knew that Samba didn't like when he was angry. So he tried to not let his anger get the best of him.

"Are you stupid or are you dumb?"

Lucario actually looked offended. And he was about to rebute, but Antonio beat him. "Your boyfriend literally was getting bullied for something he can't control. He can't control the fact that he's mute or gay. And his attraction level is still something he can't control." he paused, feeling his anger starting to get the best of him. "Your boyfriend was fucking bullied - BY PEOPLE YOU KNOW MIGHT I ADD IN - and all you can say is 'hey, at least he's attractive?' That's literally the most insensitive, fucked up, ignorant thing you could say about someone. Especially if that someone is your significant other. You're so fucked up, Lucario. You don't deserve Samba and Samba doesn't deserve to have his braincells completely obliterated by someone like you."

"Maybe if you keep talking something I care about will actually come out. Now eat. Your soup is getting cold and I know Samba didn't bring us both here to waste food."

Antonio's face went blank. Completely wiped of any and all emotion. And then, a smile began to form on his face. A slow, sickening smile. The type of smile you smiled when you know you're just sooo close to blowing your top. "HAHAHAHA you're right. You're so fucking right. I better get rid of it while it's still hot ... "

Samba emerged from the cafe's bathroom, inhaling the sent on his hands. The soap smelled good. And familiar. But he couldn't quite pinpoint what it was.

He supposed that that was the least of his concerns anyways. Because there was yelling. And the voice sounded familiar.

He looked, his eyes immediately locking onto the table his boyfriend and his bestfriend were sat and he froze. Lucario was sat there staring up at Antonio - who was towering over him with his now empty bowl in his hand - face wet and red. Sam didn't have to be a genius to know that that was Antonio's soup all over his boyfriend's face and clothes.

Multiple customers who were in there enjoying their afternoon meal were now focused on the two at the table. And some of the employees behind the counter looked frazzled.

Samba frowned. This was supposed to be a bonding event. While he didn't expect the two to get along immediately, he didn't expect things to go down like this.

Samba immediately began his brisk walk back to the table which immediately turned into a jog when Lucario was hauled up out of his chair by the collar of his shirt and slung onto the ground like a sack of potatoes.

"You're an asshole, Luce. And people like you don't deserve to live, quite frankly." Antonio was no longer screaming. But he was talking in a voice that didn't quite seem like his own. It seemed gravelly, and deeper than usual. His speech was slower and the words were more drawn out. And in other circumstances, Sam would've found it hot. He was a sucker for deep voices. But right now, it wasn't hot. It was scary.

Was he possessed or something? Seemed like some paranormal shit.

"People like you deserve to be stomped into the ground like the maggots they are." Now a few customers had their phones out, obviously recording.

This would probably end up all on the internet by the end of the day.

Samba didn't like that.

Samba quickly approached the two, putting his hands on Antonio's chest to push him away from Luce. Even though he was an asshole, he definitely didn't deserve to be stomped. Especially not like a maggot.

'Antonio, stop. This isn't necessary. I get you're still mad about what happened earlier. But it isn't his fault. Let's just leave him alone ....' He managed to unclasp Antonio's fist from Lucario's shirt. 'We can and go to your mom's house like you originally wanted us to do. We won't have to worry about Luce. It'll just be me, you and your mom.'

Antonio shrugged and Samba frowned, thinking that he'd reject the offer. But instead, he nodded. "Whatever."

'Great. You go wait outside while I take care of this mess.'

"Can I help?" He seemed to be back to his normal self. But Samba still couldn't trust him.

'No. You've done enough. Go get some fresh air.' Samba offered Antonio a small sad smile and watched as he slowly nodded and left the café dejectedly.

Samba sighed and then looked at the soup that was all over the floor, the table and of course his boyfriend. 'Great. Just great.'