16

Running always excited him. Admittedly a little more than it should.

There was just something about having your target run from you that made things so delectable. Especially when running through the woods.

Antonio liked when they ran. He liked it when they thought they could get away just for them to fall into yet another one of his traps. It excited him. Awoke a primal side in him he really usually didn't have. The chase was just pure exhilarating. He felt like the Big Bad Wolf chasing after a dirty, nasty piggy.

Today his victim (although he wished it had been Lucario or even Sean) had been a young man with the name of Derek. Derek ... blank. Because Antonio hadn't cared enough to remember his last name.

Remembering his last name was the least of his desires.

He ran, chasing after the poor frightened boy. He didn't know why he ran. It wasn't like he pulled out a knife or anything. And he definitely wasn't outrunning him.

Ha. Idiot.

"Stay away from me, you creepy fuck!"

"You didn't like the photo of your friend I showed you? I thought you guys were friends!"

Of course they were friends. And when Antonio showed Derek the selfie he took with his friend's severed, mutilated head, he was quite disgusted. And when Antonio said he'd be next, he ran.

Yes, they we're friends. But he didn't want to suffer the same outcome he did. Although, by the way he was being chased, Derek was sure that his end was inevitable.

Antonio decided to stop running. After all, not only was Derek getting tired, but Antonio had chased him into the direction of his trap. Soon enough, he'd be trapped. And his hunger would be satiated.

He fell silent, walking as quiet as he could and just listening to the environment around him. He could no longer hear Derek running. Which means he had probably stopped or resorted to slowly walking.

Antonio couldn't quite tell what the case was over the cicadas and other fauna of the night that inhabited the woods.

At least ... that wasn't until he heard a muffled yell and what sounded like the bear trap he had set up not too far in front of him.

A Cheshire cat-like grin graced his features as he approached his target who was hunched over trying to open the trap. But it was no use. When he saw Antonio, he stopped and quickly began to try hobbling away.

Key word: try.

He didn't make it very far. In fact ... he didn't really move at all. He was kind paralysed in that spot.

"Shame. See what happens when you don't look where you're running?" Antonio tsked, Derek watched as he pulled out some leather gloves and slowly pulled them onto his veiny hands. "See what happens when you don't mind your business?" Once his gloves were on, he reached into his back pocket and pulled out a knife, unsheathing it from his fancy cover.

"Pretty knife, innit?" He held it up allowing whatever moonlight managed to sneak in through the trees and hit the knife as he stared at the blade, admiring the iridescence of it. "Sean got it for me. He's kinda in to hunting and all that. Wanted me to go with him one day. I've never really liked the idea of hunting. Using guns to kill a completely innocent animal. He doesnt even eat the prey he hunts. He just uses them as trophies." Antonio scoffeed and shoof his head. " He thought a knife would make a good bonding present. He was wrong. I still hate his guts. But this knife is beautiful. I'd hate to see it go to waste. Maybe one day I'll go hunting with him just to use it on him. That'll be a good way to avenge Benny's death, don't ya think?"

"W-What are you g-gonna do to me?" Derek's voice was no louder than a whisper. Tears stained his sweaty cheeks and his eyes burned from the sweat that had managed to taint them.

"Well, isn't it obvious? I'm gonna to kill you."

"I-I know p-people! They'll kn-know I'm gone and call the cops."

"Well I guess I should really give them something to hunt me down for then, amirite?" Once again, a sickly grin was staining Antonio's beautiful face.

Derek was actually surprised he hadn't passed out yet. He knew he had to be losing blood. He had cut his finger trying to open the bear trap because of how sharp it was. It was probably all the adrenaline keeping him afloat right now.

"You guys almost got lucky. Almost. I was just gonna leave y'all alone. But then I was like, nah. You might go back and mess with him." There was a pause as he looked Derek up and down. "And then I had this wonderful thought; you can't mess with him if you're dead. So, that's how we're here. Brian's paid for his actions. Now it's your turn. Anyways, enough of me. Any last words? That looks like it hurts. I wanna put you out of your misery." Antonio was now in front of him, the pointy tip of his knife placed right on Derek's throat. Just one abrupt move and the skin would be cut more than it already was. And it wouldn't be a small cut either.

Honestly, Antonio expected a little more fight from him. Sure, one of his feet were probably a little mutilated. But his hands were still very much free.

It almost seemed as if Derek just ... was accepting his fate.

Very no fun.

Maybe he needed another adrenaline rush?

"Just kill me already, bro. Just kill me and go on with the rest of your night, please." Tiredness began to sink in. Antonio could hear it in his voice and see it in his eyes.

Poor thing.

The staring contest between the two was intense. Derek was afraid to blink because if he did then it might be his last blink. And honestly, he was glad he didn't blink. Because he thought that he saw something change in Antonio's gaze. It softened. Not that it was really harsh before. But something changed.

Or maybe that was just something playing with his mind. The fear. The shadows of the dark.

He let out a slight breath of relief when Antonio removed the blade from his neck and then looked down at the weapon. He ran his finger alone the serrated edge and then looked back up at Derek, seemingly contemplating.

"A-are you g-gonna kill me?"

Silence. Just Antonio's empty contemplating face staring at him. And then suddenly, he spoke.

"Don't fuck with my friend, Derek." He growled out before slamming the knife into Derek's stomach. If he was feeling a little more brutal, he would've twisted it, just to fuck him up a little more. And if he was REALLY down, he would've killed him.

But then Samba would've been upset. And he couldn't upset his precious bean.

"If you do, there will be no mercy next time. And you won't get off as easily as your boyfriend did." He growled into his ear. And before Derek could really react, Antonio delivered a brutal punch to his face, knocking him out cold.

Out of kindness, Antonio removed the bear trap from his foot and then left, heading to the stream to wash his knife off.

-
Our baby Antonio ain't as cute and innocent as we think he is 🤔 ...