19

Monday was a weird day to be honest. And the day still wasn't over.

The first thing Samba noticed was the staring.

Sure he had gotten some stares when he first came to the school. After all he was the new kid. No problem.

But now, he wasn't really the new kid anymore. Yet people were still staring. And whispering. He tried to ignore them. And usually Antonio would soothe him a little if he seemed to be getting a little anxious. But he wasn't here today. He had to take care of 'some stuff' quote unquote.

Samba ignored his thoughts and instead proceeded to head to his first class of the day.

It wasn't until he had gotten to his fourth and final class of the day when he heard it.

The room was filled with useless chatter as the class waited for the bell to ring and class to start. And it was faint. But he heard it.

Someone in the back of the class was playing the video. Multiple students surrounded the kid playing the video. And Samba could hear shouting. Antonio's voice. Immediately he realised that that video was the video someone had taken that unfortunate evening at the cafe. He could hear the students watching the video utter gasps and comments. And he swore some of them were looking at him. Maybe judging.

Samba made eye contact with one of the students who looked at him with a weird look in her eye.

Definitely judging.

He sighed and slunk into his seat, not wanting any attention drawn to him whatsoever. He just wanted the day to be over.

Antonio woke up in his bedroom, a half-frozen ice pack on his forehead. He removed the plastic bag and wiped the water off his forehead before sitting up and groaning, looking around his room. Usually it was pretty tidy. Sometimes there was an outfit on the floor here or there. But for the most part, it was organised and tidy. 

So when his room looked like a herd of elephants had played an intense game of tag in his room, he found himself getting a bit agitated. And ... confused. How had this happened?

In the corner of his eye on his nightstand, he spotted a highlighter green sticky note. He reached over and grabbed it, immediately inspecting the words on it.

Sorry for the mess, Antonio. Couldn't find the fancy knife Sean gave us. Well ... at first. I found it though, eventually. Hence the mess. Try hiding it in a 'not so Antonio' spot next time. 

There was an arrow drawn on it indicating that there was more on the back. So Antonio flipped it over. 

Also, gave you an icepack. The pain doesn't bother me but I knew it would bother you. Don't say I never did anything nice for you.

- T

"Fuck!" Antonio ripped the paper in half and then balled up the halves before running a hand through his hair, noticing that his forehead hurt.

What the fuck happened to me?

He vaguely remembered what happened. He remembered Samba spending the night. But he couldn't remember what happened the next day.

In fact, he didn't even know what today was.

Antonio felt around for his phone, eventually finding it in his pocket. At that moment he realised he was still fully clothed.

And ... his phone was dead. Great.

So, his phone was dead, he was full clothed and his head hurt.

What the hell happened? Maybe Samba would know?