14

"It's so nice seeing you again, Sam. The last time I saw you you were a short little thang. Barely came up to my shoulder. And now you're all tall and handsome. Puberty hit you like a train I tell ya!"

'Thank you, Mrs. Smith.' Samba blushed, as he took off his shoes.

"Ant told me you were comin over. But he didn't tell me that you were a model." She fanned her face and pretended to faint before waddling over to give him a constricting hug, not that he minded.

Samba loved hugs.

"Well, you two make yourselves comfortable. Are you staying for dinner, Sam?"

Samba nodded. Luckily, he had already texted his mom and told her about the plan. Immediately after classes were over, actually. Because Samba was a responsible young lad (or he just preferred to do things asap so he wouldn't forget about them).

"Alright. Well, I'll holler when it's done."

Antonio was awfully quiet as they walked upstairs to his room. And Samba figured that it had to do with what happened at the cafe between him and Luce.

A part of him felt good. Antonio was clearly frustrated and was trying to get Lucario on the same page. After all, he was his boyfriend. He should be a least a little angry if not furious.  But Antonio seemed to care much more than Luce did.

So much more to the point where a side of him Samba has never seen was unleashed.

Samba wondered if he hadn't stepped in, would Antonio actually kill Luce? Right in public?

He didn't want to put it past him. He seemed awfully convincing. Too much talk for no action.

I dont remember him being this aggressive.

"Are you just gonna stand there or ..."

Samba snapped back into reality and noticed Antonio sitting on his bed, removing his cardigan and tossing it at the end of the bed.

'Oh. Sorry.' Sam joined him, sitting on the side of the bed next to Antonio, watching as he picked up the remote on his nightstand and turned on the TV. He still seemed agitated about something. Samba could feel it.

Samba nudged Antonio to get his attention. And when his eyes were on his lips, he mouthed, 'What's wrong, Ant?'

The older scoffed and averted his attention back to the tv screen, which still didn't have anything interesting on it. "What makes you think something is wrong? I'm totally fine." Out of respect, Antonio looked back at Samba. Just to see if he was gonna reply.

He was indeed upset. But he wasn't disrespectful.

'Yeah. You are. I'm literally being smothered in your upset-ness right now. I don't like it. What happened at the cafe?'

Silence. More silence.

Antonio shrugged and then continued to flip through the stations. Soon enough though, he'd have to put on Netflix. Because obviously nothing good was on.

"I don't wanna talk about it."

'Well, I think we should. It's important, sir. You didn't seem like yourself. Kinda scared me."

"I'm sorry. I don't want to scare you. I want you to be happy. I suppose ... I just let my emotions get the best of me. And that boyfriend of yours is a fucking asshole. I honestly don't know what you see in him. He's not even attractive."

Well ... he was. Very attractive. But his personality wasn't. And if you have an ugly personality, you might was well just be an ugly person.

'Well ...'

"Well nothing. You deserve much better than him." Me. You deserve me. "And until you get that through your head, you'll always end up in the same situations. Your boyfriend doesn't care about you like he should."

Well ... Antonio wasn't wrong.

"Why are you dating him anyways? In all seriousness."

'I met him online. And when we moved to the area, he was the only person I knew. He was super nice to me over the phone and everything. But once I moved here and started going to school with him, he just got real shady.'

Antonio nodded, understanding. "I get it. I really do. You don't want to let him go. Maybe he'll change. Or maybe you'll see that nice side you got to see when you guys only chatted over the phone. Whatever. But you're not stupid, Sammy. You're not. You and I both know that he doesn't like you. And to be honest, he probably is just dating you because you look good."

Samba nodded, agreeing. He hated that he was able to agree. But it's not like Antonio was incorrect. You didn't have to be a detective to see that Luce just wasn't in to Samba.

"He's probably not even gay. Or a closeted gay who's afraid to come out because of all the toxic individuals around him. Which was why it was so easy for you two to connect and chat online but the moment you became a tangible person, he didn't want it as much. Whatever his reason is it isn't an excuse to not give you what you deserve."

There was a pause, the two holding eye contact. And when Samba realised he was staring, he blushed and turned away.

"Break up with your boyfriend, Sam."