3

Saturday mornings were usually spent chatting with Lucario.

However, Samba hadn't talked to him since their post-lunch break in the janitor's closet yesterday.

Samba texted him when he got home like he usually did. And that message was still unread.

Samba sighed and tossed his phone to the side before getting up. It was already half-past ten. And while he didn't really have any plans (or people to make plans with) he didn't want to mope around all day.

Maybe he'd just go for a walk.

Going for a walk always helped him.

Since he couldn't really speak whatever was on his mind, he often found himself buried in a cinderblock-built heap of thoughts. Some good. Some bad. Walking diverged his mind from such thoughts.

So, after sprinkling some food into his fish tank, tidying himself up some and then changing his clothes, he was gone.

He hadn't really explored much since they moved in last Saturday. Everything had been all work.

Once they finally got settled in on Wednesday, Samba began to prepare himself for school on Thursday and Friday; planning out outfits, memorising his schedule, trying to map out the routes using the map that was given to him and his memory of what he saw during the tour of the school.

Today was his first chill day.

He remembered that as they pulled in to the neighbourhood, there was a small playground across from a convenience store (which were both located at the entrance of the community. Convenient indeed).

Maybe he'd treat himself to a candy bar too.

That sounds wonderful.

So, that's what he did. He walked to the store bought two Snickers bars and then crossed over to the playground.

Samba let out a small content sigh as he unwrapped his candy and bit in to it. It looked like it was about to rain. But a little rain never slowed him down.

The only thing that really slowed him down was-

"Sammy?"

Samba arched a brow and twisted around to see who was calling him.

And to his surprise, it was the boy he saw in the convenience store with curly dirty-blond hair that flopped as he ran across the street. Completely forgetting to look both ways before doing so.

Idiot.

He looked to be around Sam's age with broad shoulders and a jawline sharper than Mars' sword.

And those thighs. Oh god.

The boy rounded the bench and sat down next to Sam, ignoring the weird look he received in return. "Is that really you?"

No response. Of course.

But that was enough.

"Oh! Sammy. It is you. Remember me?"

Samba couldn't say that he remembered who it was from off of the bat. But after studying the caramel-ish face before him, he smiled.

'Antonio!'

Antonio hugged Samba tightly. "I can't believe you're here. I honestly thought that I'd never see you again after you moved away for high school!"

Antonio had been Samba's one and only friend. They separated after he graduated from middle school. And he thought that he'd never be able to contact Antonio again since neither of them had phone numbers to exchange at the time.

However, here they were three years later buddied up in a new state.

"You've grown into your ears and your nose." The tanned-one chirped, poking Samba's nose before pulling his ear gently.

'Thanks. And you have a beard now?' Samba mouthed.

Of course, the beard hadn't been the first thing Samba noticed. But Antonio didn't need to know that.

"Yes. It grew after you left. I needed something to keep me company.' The blond joked. "How is your mother? What's new?"

'She's fine! Actually, wanna come over? I think she'd be happy to see you. And we can catch up over video games.'

Antonio smiled. "That's a great idea."

Sam's day just got a billion times better.