5

Samba felt full again.

Not just because he ate dinner. But because he felt like his life was slowly creeping back together.

His mother was happy again. His best friend was back. The three of them were watching a movie and enjoying themselves like they used to do.

It couldn't get much better than this.

"After this, y'all wanna play Mario Kart? I've been practising." Mama Samba said. Which Antonio instantly lit up (even more if that was possible) to.

"Hell yeah!"

Samba smiled, feeling his heart swell. He wished life could always be like this.

Spending time with his two favourite people. Forgetting about every and anything else.

Unfortunately though, life goes on. Whether you pay attention or not.

His phone violently vibrated in his pocket. And upon pulling it out, he saw that it was his faithful lover calling.

Lucario.

Samba sighed and answered his phone, pulling out his earphones and plugging them into his ears and phone before opening up his messaging up.

"Hey, babe. How are you? How's your weekend going?"

Samba rolled his eyes. He really wanted to give this jerk a piece of his mind. But he also didn't want anything to do with him right now. He just wanted to enjoy his time with his mother and his old friend.

So ... he let Luce know.

'Look, Luce, I don't feel like chatting right now. I'm watching a movie with my mum right now.'

He pressed send and watched as the 'read' notification popped up immediately upon the message being sent.

"You don't wanna chat right now? I just have to ask you a quick question."

Samba looked at his mother, who looked at him with a knowing look. And then he glanced at Antonio who looked rather confused.

'Make it quick.'

"I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come to Stacy's party later on today with me. She said I can bring someone. And I wanted to bring my princess ..."

Samba's stomach literally turned at those words. And he tried his hardest to not throw up at the words that left his supposed lover's lips.

Princess my ass.

'I think I'd rather stay in and hang with my family.'

"I thought it was just you and Mama Samba."

He also despised the way the name left his mouth. Only non-assholes could say her name.

'Yeah. But my old friend and I crossed paths. I haven't seen them in forever. I just want us to rekindle our friendship.'

He hit send and waited for Lucario to read the message. But when he didn't hear a response, he furrowed his brows.

Legit Lucario was on his phone as they chatted. Why was it taking so long for him to reply? Was he not paying attention anymore? Perhaps using another app? That was rude. Because then that's technically ignoring him.

'Babe?'

Nothing.

'Hello?'

Now, Samba was a kind-hearted person. But he WAS NOT a fool.

Clearly Lucario was occupied by something else. This conversation clearly meant nothing to him. And he probably didn't even really want to ask him in the first place. He was just being nice.

'Okay, Luce. Ignore me. I'm not coming to the party. Let me know when you get back home. Have fun.'

Beep.

Breathe ...

That felt good.

Maybe he should do it again sometime.