Shadow

Zoya walked down the street in her oversized jacket and wondered where she should stay. She walks to a nearby café and orders takeaway. Her phone flashes from Caroline.

'hi' she answers

'Where are you?'

'I'm tired of this question. But I send a location.' She turns on GPS and sends her location "done."

'It's close, I'll be there soon.'

Caroline notices Zoya leaving the store with a foul mood as she reaches close, 'how are you feeling?'

'better' her nose crushes with the smell of a streak, a burn streak 'Damn. It is too much eating meat'

Caroline scoffs.'they compel the city to eat a lot of streaks. Let us always say. 'So, their blood''

Zoya cuts her off 'Yuk' they were walking when she asks 'you call'

'I am the lone girl in my gang right now,' Zoya put her hand in surrender.'Got It.'

'There was a fire in your room,' Zoya nod.

'Where are you staying?'

'Nowhere. I thought city park or cemetery? What you choose?' Caroline roll her eyes.'I will manage. A place offered me in a teacher's quarter'

Caroline handled the room while Zoya was showering. She looks at her clothes. 'You need stylist' she places the clothes the closet door.

'I have been told' Zoya steps out in one of her pajamas and an oversized t-shirt 'but then that helps deal with all the miseries.'

'What do you teach?'

'Mathematics, physics, herbology, chemistry, and psychology'

Caroline's eyes go wide.'Wow.'

'Yep. You?'

'dropout' she looks at Zoya grabbing the shirt that is big for her 'how did you not die?'. Zoya slump on the couch with heavy breath 'fine'

After a while of listening to Zoya, Caroline straightens up. Zoya told her all-minus Michaelson, New Orleans, for sure her tragic love life 'You should talk to Alaric?'

'And where can I find him?'

'On a trip with Damon and bonnie. But they will be here soon.' Zoya nods, 'just a warning that he loses his pregnant wife at their wedding. Don't be'

'Thanks for that too'

'So, any juicy details?' Zoya blinks rapidly.'Excuse me' she walks past to dump all of them in the closet. Caroline plays with her phone, 'Who is this jack?'.

'a roommate-bestie-just recently got divorced werewolf,' she shut closet 'who keep end up making out then break-up with his ex'

They both walk out of the room. 'Is he hot?'

A smile forms of pride.'He is an alpha. But he drops everything just to focus on a simple happy life.'

'Sound Sweetheart' she groans.'I really wish I had you set up with someone, but'

Zoya completes her 'it's all a cramp city now,'

'BUT my home,' Caroline speaks proudly. 'Here there is matt, he is good'

'I just want to enjoy being single and alone for a while,'

Caroline speaks low 'yeah, I understand'

She was around her classroom when they stop. Caroline asked, 'what are you doing tonight?'

'I have had no plan,'