Investigations, Secrets, and Friends

{Sirius POV}

Over the last week I tried to learn as much as I could about Hermione paying close attention whenever someone talked about her. Yes, it may seem stalkerish but I promise you it's not, really it's not. You could say I had started an investigation of sorts, but that didn't mean I'd stopped pranking people, oh no that was still the first thing on my to do list every day.

So far this year I'd turned Snape's clothes hot pink like twenty times, glued on huge afro wig on Slughorn's head, put engorging potion in Peter Abbot's soup at dinner, swapped out James' shampoo for blue hair dye the day before his game against Ravenclaw, unfolded all of Remus' socks (he gets really annoyed when people do that), left giant squid slime in the corridor before class let out, exchanged Dumbledore lemon drops for extremely extra sour, no sugar added, lemon/lime drops, filled with fizzing whizbee powder, stuck small mammals in Madame Hotch's broom closet, and last but not least stolen Lily's head-girl badge.

And yes, for every single one of those pranks I got at least a month's worth detention, so it will be pretty difficult to find time for investigating.

AHHH, nothing like a couple weeks of pranks to get the year going.

"Sirius!" someone yelled across the common room at me, and a very angry bright red faced Lily Evans marched up to me. And it looks like she just found out about my newest prank, switching all her robes for Slytherin ones. "I'M GONNA KILL YOU BLACK!!!" she screamed, I yelped and ran as fast as possible away from her.

So you know, I'm already set with detentions for life.

{Peter POV}

Every other day the group of death eaters and future death eaters meets in the ROR. I joined because I was done being treated as the least capable of the group and now I can prove to everyone that I'm the best not Sirius or James. It's a little hard to keep such a big secret from my friends, but then again it's thrilling to know something they don't, something dangerous.

It's been easy to slip under people's radar to go to the meetings, but that's just because no one cares about Peter Pettigrew. That's alright by me though because one day I'll make them all regret it.

{Marlene POV}

Lily introduced me and Alice to Hermione as soon as she could and obviously we became fast friends. Hermione seems pretty badass and I like her. One night we were all sitting up gossiping about all the new drama going on at school. "I heard that those Slytherins, the ones everyone thinks are death eaters, got joint detention for cursing a first year," Alice said.

Lily gasped and we all craned our necks so we could see what she was looking at. "I'm going to kill Black!" she yelled running down to the common room. We all followed after and watched, laughing as she attacked Sirius. Hermione laughed the loudest of all of us and I was glad. Hermione always seemed kind of down but right now she was the happiest one there.