Chapter One

Loud piercing cries ring out into the silence of the night.

My body shoots up with high alert. I look around my room for danger but find none. Then I hear I again. The screams of pain.

Panic consumes me as I swing my legs over to he edge of the bed.

My feet hit the plumb violet carpet. I stand up on shaky legs and shuffle towards the window. My white nightgown touches the floor as I do so.

My shaking hands pull the curtain out of the way just enough to see outside. I peep my head out and find complete, and utter chaos.

Buildings burning down in flames. Children running around searching for an escape. The screams and cries of women and children will be forever printed in my head. I know who is responsible for this. Alpha Xander, the alpha of the Dark Moon Pack. He is a ruthless killer, a horrible beast. No pack has ever survived any of his attacks. He kills innocent people for fun. My pack had thought we were safe, the Alpha had assured us.

A few tears slip from my blue eyes and I figured out what I need to do. I need to help. I may not be a good fighter, but I am not going to sit by to witness my pack's death. I moved my hand to close the curtain but a loud wailing sound stopped me from doing so.

The loud wailing sound was heard from about a yard away below my window. I peer down only to find a women being clawed into from the monster his self. A loud gasp escapes my lips and I bring the hand that is not holding the curtain to cover my mouth. My body stood frozen in fear, I wanted to close the curtain and help my pack but I couldn't seem to move.

That is when my stormy blue eyes catch the person holding the women's limp body from her neck.

Cold lifeless eyes peer at me with a hard glare.

My gaze stays locked with his green evil eyes for I could not find it in me to look away. Tingles shoot down my spin and my mothers voice rings through my head.

Once you find your mate, you will not be able to look away. He will be the key to your heart.

I gasp and rapidly draw the curtain. My back sits against the window and I take in deep labored breaths. I have to force my body to function again and stalk away from the window, even though my body wants to do the opposite and run towards him.

Frantically I search for my slippers on my hands and knees. Even with my werewolf enhanched senses, it is too dark for my eyes to see. My black hair falls in front of my face but I don't have time to care. My hands come in contact with my slippers under the bed.

I can feel him getting closer, judging my the tingles shooting rapidly up my spine.

I quickly shove my slippers on and run towards the door. My hands feel around for the door knob. Once my hand grips the cool surface of the gold door knob, I swing the door open.

I go to sprint out but come in contact with a giant wall. Tingles shoot up my spine. Rough hands wrap around my tiny frame.

My eyes travel up the hard naked chest to meet the cold eyes of the monster.