Chapter 5

Before I even had the time to react, the back of my mate's hand came flying across my face. The smack sounded throughout the silent forest.

The force of the smack sent me flying down to the forest ground. I just lay there in shock. My mate, the one person who is made for me, just slapped me.

I ever so slowly bring my right hand to cup my cheek. Tears spring in my eyes, and not because of the physical pain. I put my left hand on the ground to lift myself up.

All of the sudden my mate's foot came flying into my ribcage. His kick sent me back to the ground. I whimper in pain and bring my teary eyes to meet the heartless eyes of the beast. I expect to find some kind of remorse, anything, but all I see is cold dead eyes staring back at me.

"Did I say to get up, mate," He spits the word 'mate' like it is poison on his tongue. I whimper again, tears falling down my face. What have I done to deserve this kind of fate? "Never disrespect me again. You can never look me in the eyes. You are below me."

His voice sends chills down my spine. My petite frame shakes in fear and I try to catch my breath. I whisper to him, "But we're ma-"

"Don't say that word," He growls. The moonlight illuminates his figure and I can make out every defined muscle, and every scar that runs across his body. I am not grossed out by the scars, but more intrigue. His shorts hang lowly on his hips, and if it weren't the current situation I probably would have found him handsome.

"Get up," His voice brings me out of my train of thoughts. I quickly shake my thoughts away, I shouldn't be thinking such inappropriate things about him. It would only cause trouble. And this man is all about trouble, which is why I need to get away as soon as possible.

The mere thought of leaving him has my wolf whimpering.

Suddenly, a rough tousled hand clamps around my upper arm and brings me to my feet. My body protests and a low hiss escapes my mouth. I think I may have broken one of my ribs. It should heal in a couple of hours with the werewolf healing. Maybe I did do something to deserve this kind of fate. I did disrespect him which was my fault and I was struggling against him.

Yes, it was my fault. Sadness starts to consume me, maybe he doesn't want me because I was being disobedient. And maybe he told his pack to stop attacking my pack, and everyone is okay. I sigh in relief, yeah that is probably what happened. Because the Moon Goddess wouldn't give someone that fate.It is all a misunderstanding.

He starts to drag me back to the campsite, my upper arm still in his firm grip.

"I'm sorry for being difficult," I mumble to him. He of course ignores me, and doesn't even spare me a glance. We continue the five minute walk back towards the direction of the campsite.

The light from the fire bounces off the trees as we step into their campsite. All chatter stops and all eyes are on us. You can see the hungry look in everyone's eyes as they stare me up and down. 

I start to feel exposed and I shift from one foot to another awkwardly. We just stood in the middle of everybody with everyone's eyes look me over.

Xander shoves me to the ground. A shriek of surprise escapes me and I land on my hands and knees. My black hair falls in my face. He probably did that by accident, I told myself. I know I am giving myself false hope, but I can't help but to do so. I don't want to believe that the monster that killed thousands of people is my mate.

-----------------------------------

Sorry I didn't update right away! I have been kind of busy with homework and sports. So this was an interesting chapter. Arabella is in self denial and Xavior is one big jerk!

Please VOTE and COMMENT

15 Votes for next chapter! IonlyaskthisbecauseIwouldliketoknowifyouguyslikethestoryenoughformetoupdate. AndIknow ifyouguyslikeitenoughtogivemetheaskedfornumberofvotes.  Thank you!!!