Chapter Twenty

Tingles shoot into my lips and down my body, sprouting tingles in my stomach. The mark on my neck ignites with sparks. I am not stupid, I know this is not real nor will it ever be. Another thing I know is that we will never be.

I squirm again, resisting. Xander holds me tight to him, withholding my ability to pull away. He was probably expecting me to kiss back, but oh how wrong he is. I bite his lip- no not a little nibble, a full on bite. The bite draws blood from his lip and before I can taste the metallic taste, he pulls away hissing.

He looks at me flabbergasted. Xander then brings his fingers up slowly, touching the blood drawing from his bottom plush pink lips. He wipes the blood with the tips of his fingers and takes them down and examines them, or more like examines the blood on them.

All of the sudden the back of his hand flies against my right cheek, sending me backward into the head of the bed. The slap echoes throughout the room. I don't feel it though, the only thing I feel is my hatred for him growing.

I whisper,"Who do you think you are?"

I look at him hard in the eyes. My back slouched against the head board. My head is hung low, but my eyes stay locked with his. His eyes hold no emotion.

"I am you're mate. So I think you should start acting like one." Xander states as it makes perfect sense.

My anger grows, my blue eyes darken.

"Xander you are the one who needs to act like it, " I seethe. I am no longer slouched, I sit up straight. My breath coming out in heavy puffs due to my angry state. Who does he think he is? "You're the one who beats me, treats me like dirt, killed my parents!" I emphasis the 'killed my parents' part.

"They weren't even your real parents," Xander says angrily.

"They still cared about me!" I yell, tears now stream down my face. He doesn't understand, he never will.

Xander puts his hands around my neck and slams me up against the head board.

"Don't you dare speak to me that way!" He growls.

Tears slip down my face and I struggle to breathe. I claw at his hands repeatedly. His hands just clamp around tighter. I stop struggling and think. Think of my life. Think of how my life was a lie, how everything was a lie.

"What are you going to do Arabella?" Xander laughs. "Summon your wolf to come help you out of this?"

Xander full on laughs and drops me back onto the bed. I cough and cough. I lay with my hands on my stomach trying to catch my breath, which is difficult for all the sobbing I am doing. He knows, that was my last hope. And he knows.

He must have seen the look on my face because he laughs even harder.

"I know you can't summon your wolf. Because my fucking weak mate can't shift."

I close my eyes. How could I forget? I was reminded of that every day.

Xander then gets off the bed and walks out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

The only thing running threw my mind at this moment was, "He knows."

-------------------------------------------

VOTE & COMMENT

I am so sorry for the late update!

I will update again this weekend!!!

Thanks,

Amanda