Chapter Nineteen

Hate.

What is hate? Everyone uses the word 'hate' in the wrong context. Kids, teenagers, or even adults say they hate certain people. But does anyone really know the real meaning of hate? People say that hate is a strong word- and it is. Words are powerful, and I am just learning that now.

There is a thin line between love and hate. Xander, that is, has so much hate in his heart. It is easier to hate then it is to love. Hate is like an infection, unless you cure it, it grows. It grows deep and it is hard to fill that void of hate once you have gotten so deep. My mate, the one who everyone refers to as a monster, he has a black heart. So much hate, I don't think he can ever fill that void.

Hate controls you, it makes you do things, and even say things you'll regret.

As I lay here motionless on the bed of the same room I have been in, I think. I just think. My back pain has gone away a couple days ago. It has been a week since that incident. Thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. I haven't seen Xander since that night. The night when the people who raised me were sentenced to death by my mate.

After being cooped up in here for a week, I have been thinking. I know why Rachel and Matthew told. It was to protect me, from him. They probably saw how broken I looked, the scars on my body and my heart. They told me they hated me to protect me, to try to show Xander that he couldn't use me. But Xander knew, it was his sick twisted game on how to brake me. But I am strong, I will win. It is my life, not his and I proved it to him when I held that knife to my throat. If he wants to play a game, I'll play too, but ten times more fiercer.

The only thing stronger then hate is love. And I am a lover not a fighter, but if I have to fight I'll do it the right way.

I hear a throat being cleared and my head snaps to the door. Xander stands there with no shirt on with dirty shorts. His eight pack and muscles on full display, and his black hair sticks to his forehead from sweat.

I turn my head back up to the ceiling and pretend I don't notice him.

I hear his footsteps come to the side of the bed, and then I feel the bed sink in.

"I got my parents back, Arabella." He informs me softly.

I turn my head to the door, my eyes tearing.

"It was all thanks to you too." Xander says with a cackle. "That little stunt you pulled with almost killing yourself? Ha- fantastic. That got those shit-head rouges to talk."

I sit up so fast before he even has time to blink. Then I do what I'd never thought I'd ever do, I slapped him. Hard. His slap echoed throughout the room and his head is turned in the direction in which I slapped him. My hand has little sparks lighting through but it is faint since our mate bond is weak. I ignore it and decide to go off on him before he decides to punish me.

"You sick son of a bastard! They raised me and are wonderful people! Am I just a to you? My life is a game to you?!"

Xander cracks his neck with his hands. It makes him look even more intimidating. I start scooting back to the head board but Xander grabs my foot. He pulls me so fast I end up landing on top of him. I start squirming.

"Let me go!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I kick and try to punch but Xander holds my hands back. He then does the most unexpected thing.

He kisses me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE & COMMENT

Thanks for reading! I'll update in a few days! A lot went down in this chapter! And before all of you get angry at me, Arabella is not like that. You'll see what happens soon but just know I have special plans for Xander.

Thanks,

Amanda