Chapter 3

My feet are all bloody and bruised, for my slippers have fell off long ago. My werewolf healing would have healed it, but every time the skin grows back it just gets ripped back off from the harsh terrain of the forest. I don't know how long we have been trudging through the woods for. We have not spoken a word to each other once after that one time. His grips still hangs on my upper arm, dragging me behind him.

The moon still hangs high in the sky, illuminating the forest floor. I wish there were sounds of the night to provide little comfort, but everything stays deadly silent. As if it were taunting me, saying "Addilyn, you are truly alone." and the thought of just being alone terrifies me.

My eyes catch something bright ahead through the trees, and we seem to be heading straight towards the light. The closer we get, my ears pick up the first sounds beside the crunching of our feet. I hear voices coming from the lights.

I start panicking, this is his campsite. He is going to bring me to his campsite to kill me, with the rest of those monsters. He is probably going to enjoy doing it too, taking the pleasure in killing his mate. He feeds off terror, he kills for fun, he is the definition of a monster.

He may have killed my pack, but he will not kill me. I am not going to give him the satisfaction of knowing he killed off my entire pack. If I don't owe it to myself, I owe it to my pack... I swallow the lump forming in my throat, and I owe it to my parents.

I start struggling to get him to loosen his grip, just enough maybe to slip away and run. I need to run. I need to get out of here. I need to get away from my mate.

Mate

The word my mother has always repeated constantly. Saying one day I would find my mate, and fall in love. Never once had I thought that I would want to run from my mate. Heck, if it were up to me I'd stay in my mates arms forever. But I have to run, in the names in everyone that died in the hands of my mate.

I would have denied the fact that my mate is a monster, well, because he is my mate. I have first hand witnessed the destruction my mate has set upon my pack.

I struggle even more, wiggling my body to try to lessen his grip on my upper arm. His grip tightens even more on my arm and I wince, and a hiss escapes my mouth. A few tears fall from my eyes from the pain. Under the moonlight I can see a faint smirk on his face, like he is enjoying having this control over me.

Even though I am in pain, I can't help but think 'Does he not feel the sparks?'

We get even closer to the camp, and the voices get even louder. This is my only chance!

"Please," I beg, "Just please let me go." A thunderous growl ripples in his throat. He ignores me and drags me deeper into the woods to his camp.

Suddenly he stops walking and my back makes contact with a tree. Pain shoots up my spine and a whimper escapes my lips. Tears roll down my face, and I realize that their is no use in begging. There is no escape.The monster holding me up harshly against the tree is not just any man, this monster is my mate.