Chapter 2

My nails dig into the arm that is dragging me deeper into the woods.

The screams and pleads of women and children get smaller and smaller, until I am met with deadily silence. They scream for help, but no help will come. In had screamed for help too once, no one came. No one will ever come.

I will remember this night forever, not because I met my mate. But because this is the night my pack is being ripped away from my grasp. They are there getting slaughtered, and pretty soon I will be too.

I try to wiggle my body out of his tight hold, but his grip on my forearm just tightens juristically. A whimper escapes my lips, but I will not stop struggling. I need to help my pack.

"Will you stop that," he grounds out. We stop short and I run straight into his back. He spins around, a harsh glare settled on his chiseled features. The moon shines bright down onto us, giving me a perfect view of his handsome face. His strong jawline is tight, his teeth clenched together. The shadow on his face brings out his deadly blue eyes. The eyes that would make anyone run with their tail inbetween their legs. His glare is intimidating, I cower under his gaze. How could one beautiful man be so ugly?

He takes my silence as an answer and drags me deeper into the depths of the forest.

I stumble on a branch and fall to my knees. He does not stop, though. He continues to drag me. I can feel the broken twigs and rocks scraping against my knees. My white night gown is splattered in mud and dirt. My hair probably has twigs and leafs in it. Overall, I must look like I went through a tornado.

I struggle to find my footing, but he is pulling me through the woods with a tight grip. The only sound that can be heard is the tigs breaking underneath my weight. He makes no sound. I wish there was a lot of rumors about him to warn us. But no one has lived to tell any, and I am next.

With that thought in my head, I struggle even more.  More sparks run up my arm, but I try my best to ignore them. I do not even think he is aware of us being mates. He hasn't said a thing to me except, 'Will you stop that?'. This man is a monster, he could never be my mate. He has murdered thousands upon thousands. Why would the moon goddess pair me up with him?

Why?

~~~~~~~
Vote!
Comment!!!
The story is just picking up, it will get better I promise!!!
Thanks for reading!!!