Chapter 4

"I will never let you go," Xander grounds out through clenched teeth. His jaw is tight and his hands that are grasping my upper arms get tighter. His green eyes get darker. He shoves me even further into the tree and I feel the bark digging into my back.

I ignore the pain and focus on the tingles alighting in my arms. Does that mean he wants me? Hope beings to fill me and I look up at him with hopeful eyes. I know that my mate is a monster, but he has to have some explanation for doing this to packs. I mean, everyone deserves a second chance. He is probably misguided and needs someone to show him back the way!

His hard green eyes pierce into my eyes. His face remains emotionless.

"I do not want you," He spits at me, "Nor will I ever want you. I don't want a mate, especially not you as a mate."

Each one of those words shattered me, some of the first words my mate has ever said to me was 'I don't want you.' Tears pool in my eyes and a lump forms in my throat.

I quickly swallow the lump and reply in a meek voice,"Why?"

"Mates make you weak. I only keep you for my wolf's sake. So let me set out some rules, mate." Xander smirks. His smirk is one of pure evil. He is truly a monster. Why did the Moon Goddess pair me up with him. I had only wished for one thing, and one thing only. A loving mate.

Instead I got the cruelest person in the world. I want to be angry, furious, even. But the only feel strong sadness. The one thing I feared is coming true. I am now truly alone.

"You're a monster," I whisper, my head hanging low in a defeated stance.

"What was that? Couldn't hear you," Xander's smirk only seems to widen. He seems to enjoy the emotional pain he is causing me. I had lost everything tonight and he still taunts me.

After hearing all the taunting words coming out of his mouth I finally open my eyes. It is if I am seeing the world for the first time.

Not everything is good in this world, and the beast who stands in front of me proves it.

"You. Are. A. Monster." I state my voice strong. This time I didn't hang my head, but instead I looked him dead in the eyes. This is for my pack, I need to be strong for everyone.

This seems to shock him, he didn't think I would look him dead in the eyes.

A few seconds late, I quickly regret my decision.

-------------------------

VOTE

COMMENT

Thanks fro reading! 10 votes for next chapter!!!