XXXVIII: early july, present

good morning mom i swear this isn't reminiscent at all of what I have been doing in college, i have been incredibly well behaved :) i literally drank tea and watched history channel with my friends on a friday night.

JESSIE

Jorgen's tattoos. Jorgen's tattoos.

Jorgen's everything, all day. Jorgen and how I seem to be incapable of getting over the way his chest felt against my back. Jorgen and how he smells all the way up close. Jorgen and the way his laugh makes his chest vibrate softly. Jorgen and the way he looked soaking wet with lake water. Jorgen and a real life actual bubbling uncontrollable laugh. Jorgen and his medical alert dog tag that hits his chest when he moves and draws my eyes to his collarbones. Jorgen and how he looked grilling without a shirt on, joking the whole time that his boss would kill him for being a twenty year old idiot and subjecting himself to burns and whatnot. Jorgen and the curly dark hair between his pecs that he didn't have the last time I saw him without a shirt on. Jorgen and abs that seem to have stayed through the last seven years. Jorgen and the short beard that comes in and out, appearing to get shaved only once every few weeks.

Jorgen and-

"If you can't light it in the next strike I'm taking over," he laughs, watching Kazian struggle with the matches in the fire pit. "One of us was a boy scout and it wasn't you."

"I was a fucking girl scout, watch your tongue," he growls, finally managing to get a leaf to go up in flames, quickly catching the newspaper next to it. "See, it's fine, I did it." Kaz celebrates the victory with a pull on the bottle of beer next to him.

Jorgen's relaxed and settled in for the night, sitting next to me but not against me, black hoodie on to keep the cold of the night off. All it's succeeding to do in my case is make him look even more cuddly than he did this morning. He's still in his swim trunks, but has dried off completely enough to put his prosthetic back on again.

"Does anyone have any good fireside games to do?" Luka asks, balancing the little bic lighter that Kaz handed back to him on the tip of his nose and failing pretty badly.

"I kind of want to play truth or dare with you guys, but that's a little bit childish." Ian's ticks get in the way of some of his words but he's a lot easier to understand now that I'm more used to them.

"Dude, you're talking to us. Childish is normal," Luka mumbles, this time attempting to prop the lighter up on the tip of his tongue. "So do you have any good ones?"

"Well, no, but I assumed everyone else probably does."

The lighter drops straight back into Luka's throat, making him cough and gag, spitting it back out again.

"Kindly, I'm going to confiscate that," Jorgen reaches across from next to me and swipes it right out of Luka's hand. "I'd rather not break out my paramedic license right now."

Luka strangles down the last of his cough and looks around, "nobody have any good ideas for truths or dares?"

We stay quiet.

"Fine then, be boring," he settles back in his chair, watching Jorgen pass the lighter over his knuckles, fidgeting. "Um, okay, truth or dare... Kaz."

Kaz frowns, "why me, dude?"

"Don't give me that look."

"But why me, though?"

"I'm not answering that, what do you want?"

Kaz groans, flopping backward in his seat. "Truth."