Chapter 5: Depression

Korra woke up in a cold sweat, she kept having recurring nightmares of her injury. Every day it felt like she was falling further into a void she would never be able to escape. Nights were always the worst, Korra would be alone with just her thoughts.

Korra often found herself wondering if she would ever walk again or be able to run. If she lost her ability to play basketball Korra didn't know what else she had. She had her family of course but basketball was her safe haven.

Right now it didn't even feel like her friends cared about her, they left her alone to struggle all day. At least I have Naga. Korra smiled at the sight of her fluffy white dog laying at the foot of her bed.

Korra knew she had to get some more sleep because another day at school tomorrow would most likely tire her out mentally and physically. She put her earphones in and turned on slow melodic music, it always helped when she was restless before. After twenty minutes Korra was finally able to fall back into slumber.

The sound of a phone's alarm sounded throughout Korra's room. She awoke with a start, her clock read 7:00. She pressed the snooze button and laid her head back down with an audible sigh.

The comfort and warmth of her bed was threatening to plunge Korra back to sleep. The blue eyed girl forced herself out of bed and into the shower. She did her normal morning routine and was ready to leave by 7:30. She was not at all thrilled about going back to school.

The depression was becoming worse each day but Korra made sure to hide it from her parents and sister. She didn't want to burden them with anymore of her problems.

Even before Korra had to go back to school her depression was bad but there were some good days. After one day in school it felt like all of her feelings were amplified.

Asami...

Asami woke up in her queen sized bed covered in red silk sheets. She couldn't ask for a better home. She was grateful for everything her mother and father sacrificed to give her a home like this. Asami was so proud to be a Sato, she could care less for how other people looked at her and her family.

The sun shining through Asami's window reminded her of the day she was going to have. It would be the first day she would try to help Korra, she would be lying if she said she wasn't a little nervous.

Asami took her shower and applied the little makeup she usually wore. She put on her normal black and red Nike hoodie then her black skinny jeans. She wanted to make a good impression on Korra.

She left the bathroom and walked out to the kitchen where she found her butler already waiting with food for her. "Mrs.Sato I have prepared the finest of breakfasts for you. Eggs, bacon, and a side of sliced oranges."

"Thank you so much Cecil. Have you seen my parents?"

"Yes, they are in their bedroom getting ready for the day." He replied.

Asami finished her breakfast in record time, she heard her mom walking down the stairs.

"Good morning sweetie, how did you sleep?" Yasuko asked her daughter.

"I'm not going to lie, it was one of the best sleeps I've had in a while." Asami said.

"That's good to hear." Yasuko paused before continuing, "Me and your father are going to work in a couple minutes. We have an early meeting with the board to determine the next line of Satomobiles. Tonight we would love to hear if you have any ideas."

"I would love to help!" Asami's first passion would always be Satomobiles. She loved the way she could tinker with something to fix it.

Hiroshi came down the stairs, "I'm ready to go. Good morning, darling."