Chapter 8: Physical Therapy

Asami celebrated every day she had with her girlfriend. Her life was amazing now and it was because of Korra.

Asami had been taking Korra to her physical therapy appointments for the past week. Korra's mom constantly thanked her and tried to pay for gas but Asami never took the money, she just enjoyed spending time with her beautiful girlfriend.

Asami decided to skip her morning classes so she could take Korra to her appointment today. She knew that she wasn't going to miss much plus Korra definitely meant much more to her than school ever did.

Today, Korra was hoping that she would be able to walk without any help from crutches or another person. She was extremely excited that Asami would be there to watch her walk for the first time.

They arrived at the hospital for Korra's physical therapy. Korra squeezed Asami's hand, "Thank you so much for being with me."

"Of course, I know that this is huge for you and I wouldn't miss it for the world." Asami kissed Korra before they went in.

The lady at the front desk asked for Korra's name and appointment details. Korra gave the woman all of her information. "She will call you back when she's ready." The women gave Korra a quick smile then resumed filling out paperwork.

The walls of the small waiting room were always so bland to Korra. There were paintings here and there but the tan colored walls made everything in the room look dull.

Asami nudged Korra's arm, "You ready?"

Korra looked over at her girlfriend and let out a smile that Asami loved, "I am, I'm so ready to get my life back."

The raven haired girl looked deep into the blue eyes, "I'm so proud of you Korra. You have made it so far and you didn't give up. I'm so happy for you." Asami hugged the tan girl.

"Thank you for sticking with me." Korra Laughed.

"Like I said before, I'll always be here for you." Asami said. After a few minutes of conversation an older woman opened the door and called Korra's name. Asami thought that this old woman was a nurse or something but to her surprise it was the physical therapist. This was the first time she was actually going to be with Korra during one of these sessions.

"Katara, how have you been doing?" Korra asked.

"I've been good. I see you have a guest with you today." Katara said.

Korra turned to Asami, "This is my girlfriend, Asami. Asami, this is my therapist, Katara. Sorry I forgot to introduce you."

Asami held out her and shook Katara's, "It's so nice to meet you."

"You as well my dear." Katara gave Asami a warm smile.

Asami followed Katara and Korra to an exam room that had a little bed in the middle and other fitness equipment scattered throughout the room.

"I think I'm ready to walk today." Korra said.

"Really, last time you were afraid to even stand without help. I know you want to get back to normal but I don't want to rush anything."

Asami was sitting in the corner of the room so she would be out of the way. She was surprised that Korra would be scared to do anything.

"I know but I'm ready this time." Korra set her crutches down on the side of the bed.

"Let's just start with a warm up and see how you feel." Katara began removing the knee brace. "How is your range of motion?"

"I've been working on it and I think I can get to 90 degrees."