Chapter 9: Confronting the Demons

Korra woke up in a cold sweat, she had another nightmare about her injury. She was thankful that tonight she would be able to be with Asami.

The ability to walk and bend her knee definitely helped Korra's mood, it's only been a day but things seem to be looking up for her.

Korra looked over at her alarm clock then sighed when it read 4:27 AM. She stared up at the ceiling, she started rubbing the scars on her forearm. Some of the cuts were from a couple days ago and the others were just scars. If she was being honest Korra hated that she cut, it would help in the moment but later on she felt horrible about herself.

"Maybe I should tell Asami." Korra said to herself. She thought about it but Asami was so happy right now and she deserves it. Korra knows that Asami told her to tell her but she couldn't ruin the mood that Asami was in and things are looking up now. I could just put all of this behind me.

Korra heard the faint snoring of Naga at the foot of her bed. The dog never wanted to leave her side. She smiled at Naga before she laid her head back down. Korra decided that it would be best if she tried to go back to bed due to the fact that she had a math test tomorrow.

Asami woke up at 6:39. She made sure to turn her alarm off. She needed to talk to Korra tonight. Kuvira was a bitch but she had a point, Korra has been wearing long sleeved shirts or hoodies even when they were alone together.

Asami checked her phone and she didn't get her usual good night text from her girlfriend, which only added to her worrying. She decided that she should text Korra.

Asami: Do you need a ride this morning?

Korra didn't usually answer this early in the morning. Asami turned her phone off and covered back up with her silk sheets. The raven haired girl made sure not to close her eyes because she knew damn well she'd fall back to sleep.

About thirty minutes later Asami's phone chimes, it was Korra.

Korra💙: Sure. Sorry I forgot to text you last night I fell asleep.

Asami: It's all good. I'll pick you up at 7:45.

Korra💙: Sounds good, see you then.❤️

Asami smiled at the little heart. Little things like that always seemed to warm her heart. Asami knew that she had truly fallen in love with this girl.

A knock on her door took Asami out of her thoughts. "Good morning sweetie. Oh you're already awake." Yasuko said.

"Good morning. I woke up about twenty minutes ago." Asami said.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I've just been worried about Korra."

"Are you two okay?" Yasuko questioned.

"Oh yeah, we are amazing, it's been so nice to be with her. I can actually be myself when I'm around her." Asami said.

"What's making you worried then?"

"I don't know and I think that's what's worrying me." Asami wasn't going to tell anyone about what really had her worried until she talked to Korra.

"I see. I'm happy that you're with her. You two are good for each other... Get up though. Breakfast will be waiting on the table."

"I will mom, thanks." Asami dragged herself out of bed then hopped in the shower. She loved the warm showers in the morning. They always soothed her mind and got her mentally ready for the day. She finished her shower then got dressed for the day.