Chapter 11: Trouble In Paradise

Korra's surgery was four months ago and today she was finally lifting weights with the help of Katara of course. The weight she was lifting wasn't the same but Korra was just happy to be doing it again. She was going everyday to workout with Katara.

Korra tried to spend the time she wasn't training with Asami but with school their time was usually cut short.

Today's agenda was to finally do a squat with the bar. Katara had forced Korra to work on her squats with only her body weight but today she was finally able to use the bar.

"I want you to tell me if it gets too uncomfortable on that knee." The old woman said.

"I will." Korra replied. Korra got into the squat rack and put the bar on her shoulders. She slowly and carefully walked backwards so she would have enough room. Korra was a little nervous, her fear was that she might tear it again, even though she knew it was unlikely.

Korra bent her knees to a 90 degree angle then slowly came up. She continued to do five more, after the last rep she racked the bar with a huge smile on her face.

"Good job, Korra. Your recovery is going much better than expected. I think if we keep the same progress and there are no setbacks you should be ready to play by the start of next season."

"Really!" Korra yelled a little too loud, the other people in the weight room looked at her. "Thank you so much Katara." Korra wrapped her arms around the older woman.

"You're quite welcome my dear."

"Is there anything else I can do today?" Korra asked excitedly.

"I'll let you do thirty minutes on the bike then you need to go home and rest." Katara said.

"I'm okay with that." Korra followed the old woman to the next station.

"Thirty minutes is the max." Katara said adamantly. "You don't want to overwork that knee or setbacks will happen. Understood?"

"Yes ma'am." Korra said happily.

"Good. Good job today. I'll see you tomorrow."

Korra said her goodbyes as Katara went to help her next patient. Korra got on the bike machine then put her earphones in. She was just about to turn her music on when Katara tapped on her shoulder.

Korra took her earphones out and gave the woman her full attention. "Make sure when you get home tonight you ice your knee and take Motrin. Both will help reduce the inflammation."

"Will do." Korra gave the woman an understanding smile. She put the earphones back in and turned on Industry Baby by Lil Nas X. That song always got her hyped to workout.

The bike would also help Korra get her conditioning back, which was a big thing for Korra. Before her injury she would be able to play full games without subbing out but now a little workout got her out of breath.

It was about 7:30 when Korra finished her workout; she was able to go four miles on the stationary bike. Her quads had that sensational burn and she was covered in a layer of sweat. She left the gym and made her way to her car. Korra got her keys back now that her knee was healed enough to drive.

Korra was exhausted when she got home but she did exactly what Katara instructed her to do. She sat on the couch with her dad and mom while the ice was on her knee.

Tonraq was watching basketball on the TV while Senna had her face in a book. Korra loved spending time with her family like this. She would often make bets with her dad on which team would win. Korra's sister on the other hand was never a big sports fan, she usually would stick to books like their mother.