Chapter 13: Unaccepting

Tw: Homophobic views & Language

It's been a week and a half since Asami's attack. Korra has spent a lot more time with Asami now that she is recovering from her concussion. She still has headaches here and there but it wasn't out of the normal.

Korra made a schedule, she would go to physical therapy right after school for an hour then she would spend the rest of the night with her lover.

Over the past few days Korra started to spend the night with Asami then they would go to school together. It was one of the best feelings in Korra's life. Every morning she got to wake up and see the most beautiful girl in the world.

Asami's parents were okay with Korra sleeping over, well maybe not her father but Yasuko loved having Korra over.

Asami's relationship with her mother got even better since she was beaten up but her relationship with her father was still a little distant.

The raven haired girl woke up to Korra's head on her chest. She smiled at how cute Korra was when she slept. Asami loved how messy Korra's long chestnut hair would get when she slept. She looked over at her clock and it read 3:30 AM.

It was comforting, the feeling of waking up next to the warm body of the person who loves you. Asami would never ever forget that feeling. She loved the scent of Korra's hair, a vanilla and lavender smell.

Asami was still extremely sore from the beating she took, but it was getting better. The headaches were also becoming less and less frequent.

The one thing that Asami wasn't telling anyone was the nightmares. It happened a week ago when she got her first one. She woke up in a puddle of sweat with her heart beating a hundred miles a minute.

Asami wrapped her arm around Korra's back and snuggled into her. "That's nice." Korra whispered.

It surprised Asami, "You're awake? Did I wake you up?"

"No, I was going to get a drink of water but you pulled me closer so now I'm not leaving." Korra said in a tired voice.

"Actually, if you don't mind, I would love some water." Asami said.

"Sure, I'll be back." Korra slid out of the pale arms. She almost immediately missed the contact.

Asami heard a thump in her room then she heard Korra, "Shit."

"You okay?" Asami laughed.

"I'm fine. I didn't realize how close the leg of your desk was." Korra continued out of the room and into the dark hallway of the mansion. Her toe was throbbing.

Korra got to the kitchen and filled up two glasses of water then made her way back to the waiting arms of her lover.

"Here you are, my lady." Korra said in a high class tone.

"You're such a dork." Asami giggled.

Korra crawled back into bed with Asami and cuddled against her body once again. "I love you, 'Sami."

"I love you too." Asami kissed the top of Korra's head. The two lovers leaned into each other and fell into a deep, relaxing sleep.

The next morning, Asami's alarm woke her and Korra up. Asami let Korra shower first then she would go. Asami always went last because she was usually a lot longer than Korra when it comes to getting ready,

Korra was sitting on Asami's bed, the raven haired girl came out of the bathroom with her makeup on and her hair pulled back into a loose ponytail. "God, you look beautiful."