Chapter 15: Big Changes

Korra had been spending most of her time with Asami, while she still worked in the gym. Their love for each other went deeper than a normal high school relationship.

Korra was able to do leg workouts without the supervision of Katara. Her knee was healing faster than most. She got in the squat rack and put twenty five pounds on each side of the bar as a start. Korra had lost a lot of muscle while she was injured and now it was time to grind to get it back.

After three sets of ten, Korra did a couple more balancing lifts. Her knee still got sore but it wasn't out of the normal.

It was 9:00 PM, Korra was at the gym because Asami had started working with her parents at future industries and today she was helping her dad design a Satomobile.

Korra got on the treadmill and started running. Her mind was focused on the first practice of her senior season which was in five months.

The burn in Korra's legs was satisfying as she kept pushing herself to get to two miles. Korra pushed as she saw how close she was to her target. She upped the speed for the last tenth of the mile. Her lungs were on fire but she kept pushing until she hit it.

Korra got a cool down lap in. It helped bring her breathing back down to a normal pace. She got off the machine and checked her phone.

Sami❤️: Hey babe, I'm sorry I was out so late. I finally was able to get the model to work. Are you coming over tonight? I have something to talk to you about.

Korra always hated when people said that they had to talk, it was usually never good.

Korra: Don't worry about it. I'll be over in a couple minutes. I just finished at the gym. Luv u ❤️❤️

Turned her phone off and slid it back into her pocket and wiped the sweat off of her forehead. The hoodie she always wore when she worked out was drenched in sweat.

As Korra went out to her car another notification popped up on her phone. Reminder: Asami's 18th Birthday tomorrow. "Shit, I completely forgot."

Korra got to Asami's mansion and knocked on the door. Yasuko answered, "Korra! It's so good to see you."

"You too Mrs. Sato." Korra replied with a smile.

"Come in. Asami's in her room."

"Thank you." Korra made her way to Asami's room. Korra still felt a little awkward around Asami's parents because they had sex in the same house.

Asami was on her bed with her laptop open. A little lamp lit up most of the room. "Hey babe." Korra said as she leaned up against the headboard next to the raven haired girl. "What are you looking at?"

Asami quickly closed her laptop, "Nothing!"

"What?" Korra laughed.

"I'll show you in a bit but first we have to discuss something, it's not bad it's actually really amazing." Asami made sure to make that a point of emphasis.

Korra's nerves calmed down a lot.

"Korra." Asami wrinkled her nose.

"Yeah." Korra responded.

"You kinda smell." Asami giggled.

"I just got done at the gym and you said that we had something to talk about so I just came straight here."

"You can go shower." Asami said. "We can continue our conversation when you get out."

"That sounds like a good idea." Korra agreed. She got out of bed and got some clothes that she left at Asami's house. She got into the bathroom and undressed. The shower was very relaxing on Korra's sore body.

Asami opened her laptop again as Korra was in the bathroom. She was trying to find the right way to tell Korra her big news.

Korra left the bathroom with pajamas on and slightly wet hair. "What is it you wanted to talk about?" She sat back into her position on the bed.

"Well, uhm... I know we aren't going to break up in a long time, I hope never, but you know how I'm turning eighteen?" Asami was all over the place.

"Yeah." Korra said skeptically.

"My parents said that I can buy an apartment. I was wondering if you would like to move in with me?" Asami had a huge smile on her face.

"Yes, of course!" Korra said without hesitation.

"Wait Really!" Asami was surprised. She was scared that Korra would say no.

"Yes! Why wouldn't I?" Korra laughed.

Asami hugged her then reopened her laptop, "I was already looking at apartments that are closer to the school."

Korra couldn't believe that this was happening. It was like a dream come true. She grabbed her girlfriend's hand. "I'm so in love with you, Sami."

"I'm in love with you too. Why are you saying that again?" Asami laughed.

"Because it's true. We are going to be living together." Korra said.

"You haven't even asked your parents yet." Asami said.

"I know they will be okay with it."

"You should still talk to them first before we make this a sure thing." Asami told her.

"You're right as always." Korra sighed.

Korra leaned into Asami's body and laid her head on the older girl's shoulder. Asami continued to flip through different apartments on her laptop.

After about twenty minutes of browsing through the catalog, they found the perfect place. An apartment that was close to the school. It had two bedrooms, one bathroom, a living room, and a kitchen. The walls were a dark grey color, Asami imagined exactly what she would put in their new home. The living room had a huge glass window overlooking Republic city.

The next day after school, Korra was going to present the idea to her parents. She got home as Asami went to her mansion. Korra was glad that both of her parents were already in the living room. "Hey Korra, how was school?" Senna asked.

"It was good. I need to ask you guys something." Korra said shyly.

"What is it sweetie?" Her mother asked.

"You know how Asami's birthday is tomorrow. She is getting her own apartment and asked me if I could come live with her." Korra said.

Her parents were shocked at the question. "Are you sure that's a good thing?" Tonraq said.

"I think it's an amazing idea." Senna beamed.

Tonraq looked at his wife with disappointing eyes. He knew that he could never win an argument with his wife so he gave in.

Korra couldn't believe how easy it was, "I thought you guys would have been mad at me."

"Why would we? You are living out your life with the love of your life. I could never be mad at that. But you will need to come visit us every now and again." Senna said.

"Thank you so much." Korra immediately texted Asami to tell her the good news.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed :)