Chapter 10: Missing Piece

"This is a life worth living", Korra thought to herself as her fingers intertwined with Asami's. They walked down a path in the park, Korra had Naga's leash in one hand and the love of her life in the other.

Korra was finally out of her knee brace and back to walking normally again. Her life was finally getting back to normal.

The spring flowers were starting to bloom and the days were getting longer, but that also meant that the end of the school year was approaching. Korra thought of one thing during this time, Final Exams. She and Asami had been studying with each other before they took their much needed walk.

"'Sami, look at us. Who would've thought?" Korra had a dopey grin on her face.

"Not me. This time last year you had no idea that I existed." Asami looked at the shorter girl next to her, "I'm glad that changed."

"Me too." Korra couldn't keep the grin off of her face.

Korra sat on a bench with Asami, Naga jumped and sat next to Asami. "I think she likes you." Asami started stroking the dog's white fur.

Korra leaned into Asami to lay her head on the taller girl's shoulder, Asami wrapped one arm around Korra's waist and the other continued petting Naga. This is how Korra wanted the rest of her life to be.

The sun was starting to set, filling the sky with pink, orange, and red hues. "It's beautiful." Asami whispered.

"It's not as beautiful as you though." Korra looked up at Asami with the same lopsided smile.

"You're such a dork." Asami chuckled.

Ten minutes later, Asami checked her phone's time, "I guess we should get going."

"I guess so." Korra lazily lifted herself off of the bench, she grabbed Asami's hand and pulled her up. They walked back down the path they came, their hands intertwined once again.

"Thanks for today 'Sami. I'm so grateful that you are in my life... I know I've said that a lot but you helped get me to where I am today and that's something I'll never be able to repay."

"Being with you is the payment." Asami said as she kissed Korra's hand. Korra's heart fluttered at the gesture.

Asami walked Korra and Naga to the door, "I'll see tomorrow, my love. Good night and Good night to you Naga." Asami pet the dog's head, then kissed her girlfriend.

"Good night 'Sami, love you."

Asami smiled over her shoulder as she walked to her car. Korra waited until she drove off before going inside. A feeling of love and sense of belonging filled Korra.

"Did you and Asami do much studying?" Senna asked with a small laugh.

Korra was amused with her mom's question, "Yes we did and I know we both will ace these exams."

"Good." Senna patted the couch cushion next to her, "Come sit with me."

Korra sat down with no problem, her knee was finally able to bend further than 90 degrees. "What's up?"

"We haven't really talked in a while." Senna said.

Korra realized that her dad wasn't here, "Where's dad?"

"He got called out to work while you and Asami were gone."

"Oh, is everything all right?" Korra asked.

"Yeah, something happened at his office and they needed his help." Senna said.

"Okay. So back to our conversation, what did you want to talk about?"