Chapter 7: Coming out

It's been a week since Korra was at Asami's mansion. She was still struggling with her depression and suicidal thoughts. Korra still cut when the nights got bad.

Korra still didn't tell Asami about her thoughts or her cuts because she didn't want to put even more of a burden on the raven haired girl. Korra's family still had no idea due to the fact that she hid her depression from them and she forced a facade of happiness to free them from the burden of her problems.

School today was unbearable for Korra but she hoped that tonight she would be able to spend time with Asami. Korra made it through her last class of the day and immediately went to find Asami.

Asami was at her locker when she could hear Korra's crutches coming up behind her. She turned around and saw how tired Korra looked, "Hey, you okay?" Asami asked in a sympathetic tone.

"Yeah, I'm okay. It's just been a long day." Korra sighed. "I was going to ask if I could hang out with you tonight?"

"Of course!"

"Are you sure your parents are okay with me being over?" Korra asked.

"Yeah, they love you. I think it's because you're my only friend." Asami smiled.

Half an hour later Korra was sitting on Asami's bed with her leg on a pillow waiting for the girl to come out of the bathroom. She was contemplating telling Asami how bad things were getting. Korra knew Asami would help her but she didn't know if she wanted help.

Asami walked back into the room with a giant smile on her face, "So, what do you want to do?"

"I was hoping that we could just talk... but if you want to do something else, I'm okay with it."

Asami sat down on the bed next to Korra. "We can talk, like I said I'll always be here for you."

"Thank you." Korra gave the girl a genuine smile of appreciation.

"Of course. What do you need to talk about?" Asami asked. She was so glad that Korra was finally able to open up about her feelings.

"First of all I just wanted to let you know how grateful I am of you. I know we haven't known each other for the longest but you have already done so much for me and I really appreciate it all. Thank you." Korra placed her hand on top of Asami's.

"Korra, you don't have to thank me. Having you as a friend is enough." Asami squeezed her hand. "How have you been holding up and be honest with me?"

Korra was going to tell Asami about the cuts but she looked so happy and Korra couldn't ruin that for her. "I'm doing fine. I've just been tired lately due to the physical therapy."

"I'm glad." Asami knew Korra was lying but she also knew that she would never get the truth if she kept pushing. "When is your next physical therapy appointment?"

"In two days. My physical therapist is an older woman who is really nice but will push me through the workouts." Korra said.

"I can take you to your next appointment if you don't mind." Asami offered.

"Really? You don't have to. My mom usually takes me anyway."

"Korra, I really don't mind. Your mom won't have to take time off work to take you."

"I think she would really appreciate that. Thank you." Asami nodded her head in reply.

"We always talk about me, how have you been?" Korra asked.

Asami leaned her head back against the headboard, "I've been doing good actually and it's because of you. I never had a friend that I could just sit and talk to like this." Asami looked over at the injured girl, "Thank you for that."

"Don't mention it." Korra smiled at her. "So you know a lot about me, I would love to know more about you."

"Wow, this is the first time anyone's ever wanted to get to know me." Asami stopped before she continued, "As you know my family owns Future Industries. I lived in the Fire Nation when I was a baby. I love to work on cars with my dad but he and my mother are usually busy with running the business so I haven't done that in a while. I like to draw and sketch out new designs for new inventions. That's really all there is to know about me."

"I never knew you could draw, can I see some of your work?" Korra Asked.

"Sure." Asami got off the bed then opened her desk drawer and pulled out her sketchbook. "Here they are."

Korra grabbed the book, she flipped through the pages and was in shock at how detailed each drawing was. "Wow, I'm really impressed Asami, these are amazing. Where did you learn to draw like this?"

"My mom taught me how to draw while my dad taught me how to build the things I drew." Asami explained.

"I had no idea you were this talented." Korra said.

"I know this might be a personal question but how come I've never seen you with a boyfriend?" Asami asked.

Korra felt her face get hot with the question, "Well...Um. I was with Mako for maybe two days before I realized that I didn't have romantic feelings towards him or men for that matter" Korra stopped herself, she had never told anyone about her feelings. People in Republic City weren't all that accepting of same-sex relationships. She immediately sat up, "I think I should go."

"Why?" Asami protested. "Korra, what's wrong?"

"I should've never told you that. I understand if you look at me differently." Korra was trying her hardest to keep her eyes away from Asami. She could feel the tears stinging her eyes, she thought that her friendship with Asami was over.

"Why would I look at you differently? I don't care who you're attracted to, as long as you're happy it shouldn't matter." Asami hesitated before continuing, "I've also been struggling with those same feelings. I have been so afraid to tell anyone but now that I know that I'm not alone it's easier to open up about it."

Korra was in shock, "I had no idea. I don't know what to say."

"I don't think you have to say anything." Asami said. She was thinking about telling Korra how she felt about her, Fuck it. She thought. The raven haired girl grabbed Korra's hand and looked into her beautiful blue eyes, "I really like you, more than just a friend. I was always so scared of how you would react if I told you. After spending so much time with you I can't keep running from my feelings."

Korra stared intently into Asami's emerald eyes, a small smile creeped over her face. "I...I like you too." Korra pulled Asami in for a kiss. Her lips locked with Asami's, Korra's heart felt like it would pound out of her chest. Everything that Korra was dealing with had disappeared when she was kissing Asami. Korra quickly pulled away, "I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to do that. I'm sor-" She was cut off by Asami.

"Korra, you have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." Asami leaned her forehead against her new lover's. Their hands were still connected, "That was the first time I've ever seen you with a genuine smile. It looks good on you." Asami gave Korra's soft lips a chaste kiss before she embraced the shorter girl.

Korra leaned her head into Asami's pale neck while her arm was wrapped around Korra, "I'm so glad we met." Korra whispered. She looked up at Asami, "Was that your first kiss?"

"Was it that bad?" Asami laughed.

"Not at all. It was perfect." Korra laid her head back onto Asami. This was the first time in the last couple months that she actually felt joy. It gave her hope for the future. Things are going to get better.

A/N: I know it seems kinda sudden that they are together but I'm trying my best. If you have any advice please let me know. Hope you enjoyed:)