3. Strings

"A face like yours is one I wouldn't forget

"A face like yours is one I wouldn't forget."

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

An 18 year old Dianna's ladies- in waiting secured the last strand of her blonde hair as she looked at herself in the mirror. She stood up and ran her hand through the dress. Just then, an older woman walked into the room as her ladies-in waiting went outside the door.

"So, has the Comte Du Guise arrived yet?" Dianna asked, looking at the older woman.

"No Milady Dianna. Instead he has sent his five children to see to his business. I must say, they are very fine gentleman and a very beautiful lady." The older woman said, pulling Dianna's dress lower and tightening the strings from behind.

Dianna winced in pain as she held on to the dressing table for support.

"Why must you always tie them so tight Milena?" Dianna questioned.

"A man desires to marry a woman with wide hips so she can bear him many children. Your curves must stand out to your suitors Milady." Milena replied.

Milena had been working in the castle for years. She was a witch too. She came along with Helena as she was her most trusted friend. She had been taking care of Dianna since.

"Well, my suitors reject me despite my perfect curves, Milena. No man desires a wife who relishes hunting. Aurora seems to be the perfect wife for any man." Dianna replied as she slightly pinched her cheeks to make them blush naturally.

"There will come a man who shall marry you for your bravery and treat you like the queen you are. You just need to wait patiently dear. You are the most beautiful woman in this kingdom. Wait for it." Milena said, making her feel better.

A knock was heard on the door as Dianna said "Come in."

Tristan walked in with Aurora on one arm as he extended the other arm to Dianna. Aurora looked at Dianna with jealousy. Most men would fall for Dianna but they would reject her because nobody wanted a wife who played with swords and hunted animals in their leisure time. Dianna was always the first choice, sure. But Dianna was never the final choice. Aurora would always be the final choice.

Dianna smiled at her brother and took his arm as they made their way to the main hall.

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

Lucien stood silently watching as the guests were conversing amongst each other. Klaus approached him slowly.

"You have proven to be of immense help." Klaus told him.

"Heh of course Milord." Lucien replied as he gulped, still afraid of the five siblings.

"Though I must say you seem at all disturbed about leading us into your master's home." Klaus asked him.

"My master is a cruel drunkard who torments his minions for sport, beggars who seek succor, vassals who cannot pay a debt, like my own father." Lucien replied.

"Ah." Klaus said smiling a little.

"All these gentlefolk behind their silks and their jewels, they are slavers, killers. Whatever evil you are, you walk amongst greater evil still." Lucien said angrily. Klaus looked at him in curiosity.

"What do I care if you kill the lot of them?" Lucien said as he looked straight ahead.

Klaus smirked at him as he noticed the indistinct chattering in the room stopped.

The three royal children, with Tristan in the middle, Aurora on the right and Dianna on the left made their way. The people parted the crowd to allow the royals to walk by.

All of them looked at them as Klaus asked Lucien "Who are they?"

"Oh, they are the count's children. The lord Tristan, the lady Aurora and the lady Dianna." Lucien said, watching Dianna look at their direction.

Klaus watched the blonde girl with striking green eyes who seemed to look quite different that the other two. She had blonde hair that the count seemed to have too. He was awestruck with her as he watched her smile brightly and talk to the guests.

What he didn't notice was a red haired sister watching him with an admiring look. Aurora frowned as she saw Klaus looking at Dianna with adoring eyes. Her jealousy peaked up as she turned away.

Dianna looked around the crowd and spotted her friend Lucien as she smiled at him. He smiled back at her.

"She is exquisite." Klaus said as she walked towards their direction.

"Yes, um, as her brother is wicked. Might I suggest that you avoid them completely?" Lucien said as he looked at Dianna and back to Klaus.

"Would she really be such a threat even to one like me?" Klaus asked, not able to take his eyes off Dianna as she made her way through the crowd.

"The lady Dianna doesn't need teeth to tear a man's soul out. One only needs to stare into her eyes and be lost." Lucien said, watching Dianna.

"Ah." Klaus replied and smirked, catching upon the one-sided feelings Lucien had for the royal.

Once Dianna reached them, Lucien smiled widely and bowed down to her.

"Milady Dianna." He greeted her.

"Lucien." She said, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I do recall telling you to not address me as Milady in the absence of my father and siblings. Did you forget so soon?" Dianna asked with a smile.

"Um, no Dianna. Forgive me." He replied as they smiled at each other.

Dianna turned her head to see a very handsome blonde man staring at her from beside Lucien. She was a very confident and a brave woman. But under his stormy blue gaze, she felt small and powerless.

"You must be one of Comte Du Guise's sons." Dianna said.

"Yes how did you know Milady?" Klaus asked intrigued.

"Um, well I do recognize every single person in this kingdom. A face like yours is one I wouldn't forget." Dianna replied as she saw the wide smile on his lips at her words. She internally slapped herself at the subconscious flirting.

"Dianna, may I introduce you to Lord Niklaus." Lucien introduced as Klaus took a step forward. He took her hand and kissed the back of it. At his touch, she sensed something. She felt cold and darkness clouded her mind. She yanked her hand away from his grip as she quickly bowed down. But still she felt warm as she blushed vigorously.

She bowed down to him and introduced "Dianna Cohen de Martel." She looked at him one last time as she abruptly ran away from there.

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽