13. Change of heart

"I have no idea what to do." Dianna said and sighed. She and Caroline laid across the bed at Caroline's dorm at Whitmore.

"I think I like Stefan." Caroline said as she popped an m and m into her mouth.

"And he just expects me to ok with everything. I mean, come on. I'd rather be here." Dianna continued.

"That could be the only explanation why I was so upset on him leaving, right? It obviously wasn't about Damon." Caroline added.

The two just laid there in comfortable silence for a few minutes, until Caroline decided to break it.

"You should go talk to him. You married him for him and he still hasn't changed. You don't have to impress his family because as long as you two are happy, that's all that matters." She said, turning side ways to face Dianna.

"You definitely like him. You hated him because he just left you here without a word and disregarded your friendship. You wanted to be there for him while he was grieving. But he didn't let you do that. So you were hurt. Not as a friend, as something more." Dianna said to Caroline, turning to face her as the two smiled at each other's words.

*****************

Taking Caroline's words into consideration, she flew all the way back to New Orleans, only to not find anyone in the compound. She walked towards St Anne's church, which was now a gym, remembering Klaus telling her that Elijah used to train here everyday.

On her way, she bumped into two figures as she winced.

"Watch where y-" She started but her eyes widened at the sight of two awfully familiar faces.

"Dianna?" Lucien asked in disbelief.

"Um, hello Lucien." Dianna replied, smiling widely.

Klaus watched their interaction with pure jealousy. Cami's well being became least of his priorities as he watched as the two embraced each other.

"How I am alive is a story for another time. But, where is everyone? I checked in your house but all I found was a destroyed dining table." Dianna said as she looked at the two.

"I thought you weren't coming back." Klaus said to her as she scoffed.

"Caroline made me realize some things. I changed my mind." She replied with a shrug.

"Tell me where you two are headed to, again?" Dianna asked as the three walked towards St Anne's church.

"I kidnapped Nik's petty little plaything to find me the weapon that could be used against their family, but that dimwit escaped and now Aurora has her. Like I said, humans like that are only liabilities." Lucien remarked as he waited for Dianna's reaction.

Klaus realized what Lucien was trying to do here. He sped towards him and snapped his neck as Lucien fell to the ground.

Dianna gasped and and glared at him.

"Why did you do that? And humans only get caught in the crossfire and end up dead. You should have known better that to involve a pathetic little human into this!" She lectured him as he shook his head.

"Let's find your loony sister for now, shall we?" Klaus asked as they walked into the church.

"Oh, come on. You don't really think that he loves you, do you? God, you are more pathetic than I even thought. The only reason he even looked at you twice was because of my sister. You remind him of her. Why do you think he's into blondes, darling?" Aurora's voice was heard as the two shared a look.

"I don't think that's true. You're just using your sister as an excuse to hide your insecurities." Cami replied as blood oozed out of her forehead.

Truth was, Klaus was only interested in her because of her blonde hair and green eyes. Sure, she helped him deal with his paranoia for which he would be grateful to her, but it was only friendship.

Dianna sped towards Aurora and choked her. Her fangs were out with veins underneath her eyes as Aurora's neck and her hands glowed red.

"This is for Milena. I hope you die knowing that nobody cared about you and you were nothing but a ridiculous child in need of adult supervision." Dianna hissed at her as Aurora desiccated and died.

Cami covered her mouth in horror at her actions as the transitioning vampires slowly started waking up.

Klaus and Dianna made eye contact as she just waved her hand and they all died in less that a second.

"What the hell are you!?" Cami asked in fear as she backed away.

Dianna eyed her up and down in disgust.

"God! Such a frail little thing. Can I kill her already?" Dianna asked Klaus as she tilted her head at him.

Klaus just let out an amused laugh and replied "No. She's my therapist."

"I think she needs a break. I could give you something better than therapy." She said as she eyed him seductively.

"Sorry, who are you?" Cami asked, her jealousy obvious in her voice.

"I'm Dianna Mikaelson. Nice to meet you." She said as she walked away, leaving a stunned Cami behind.