16. Merry Christmas

◽◽◽◽◽◽

◽◽◽◽◽◽

"Did they like, pay you?" Cami questioned, scrunching her nose up at the sight of the housekeeper slitting her wrist and letting her blood flow into a cup. It was Christmas and the whole house was lit up with lights and decorations. It had been a few days since Dianna stayed at the Mikaelson residence. Hayley and Freya honestly felt sorry for the woman after Elijah had told them Dianna's story. At how affectionately she took care of Hope like her own child, it was clear to Hayley that the woman had good intentions.

"Handsomely, and with a generous Christmas bonus. Isn't that right?" Klaus said, walking in with a wide smile, Dianna trialing behind him with a giggly Hope in her arms. Hope had loved her so much that she didn't want to let go. The blonde smiled at the baby in her arms and sat on the couch.

Cami frowned slightly at how Klaus had trusted her enough so soon to allow her to babysit his daughter. The housekeeper smiled weakly and handed the cup to Dianna. She made Hope to sit on Klaus' lap while she sipped the fresh blood.

"So, you compel her to nod and agree to whatever you say?" Cami asked him.

"Well, she can say whatever she wants. She's only compelled to feed us and hang ornaments." Dianna said, finishing the blood and placing the cup on the table.

Cami looked at her for a second and turned her attention back to Klaus.

"Why didn't you go with Elijah to help Rebekah? I hope it's not to babysit me." Cami asked him, confused as to why he was here when he should have been with his sister.

"It's not a good idea for he and I to spend hours together in confined spaces, given that the prophecy foretells one family member felled by the other. Besides, I decided to spend Christmas with my wife and daughter. Elijah will handle Rebekah." Klaus told her, glancing at Dianna.

Anna smiled at him and the little girl in his arms. Cami felt a little jealousy rise within her. She glanced at the phone in her hand and looked back at Klaus.

"It's Vincent. I have to go." Cami said and stood up.

"Call me if you need anything." Klaus said and she smiled.

"I will." Cami replied, her smile lingering and walking away.

"The girl has feelings for you." Dianna pointed out, looking in the direction in which the blonde human just left.

"Maybe, but she's only a friend to me, someone I can trust. You know I love you." Klaus assured her. Dianna smiled and peck his lips, taking Hope from him and walking away. Klaus looked at his wife's retreating figure with a fond smile.

◽◽◽◽◽◽

Hayley and Jackson rushed into the compound holding Freya in their arms. Dianna and Klaus came rushing out of Hope's room to see Freya looking tired and dazed.

"What happened?" Klaus asked, worried for his sister. Freya panted and tried to catch her breath.

"Poison." She gasped out. Dianna sat next to her and rubbed her back slowly and Hayley sped in to bring some water.

"She got jumped. Three vampires all dressed like yuppies." Jackson informed the group. Hayley immediately bit into her wrist and fed it to Freya. After she had some. she pushed away Hayley's wrist and panted.

"They took it." She gasped out and they all shared a worried look.

"The Serratura." Klaus muttered in shock and worry. Freya looked at all of them

"I was going to meet up with a witch from the bloodline who built the lock. She was going to help me destroy it, but it's not possible. She said the only way to get rid of it is to use it." Freya explained and Klaus rubbed his temples.

"Great, So why don't we pay my brother a visit and ask him like, really nicely?" Dianna asked the group, not doing a good job at hiding her worry. The courtyard echoed with footsteps as Elijah came into view, wearing a matching expression.

"I'm afraid we have a far more urgent problem." He said and released a breath. Rebekah in her original body emerged from behind him looking pale and tired.

"Well, to be fair, I'm the prettiest urgent problem you've ever seen."

◽◽◽◽◽◽

Finally an update! 💜