Chapter Twelve

Anna.

We were seated in an inn found in the middle of nowhere, the young waitress served us plates of soup before bringing the breadbasket. Ainsley sat shell shocked, he had seen a woman that had been proclaimed dead speak, then blow up then speak again. As much as he didn't say anything I could feel that he believed me, and I was not making up any stories.

The waitress came back with the breadbasket and placed it on our table. She sent him a small smile, but he didn't acknowledge her. she walked off with a frown and took the odder of another table.

I placed my hand over his and it felt cold, I entwined our fingers and called his name, when he looked at me, he looked like he had aged a bit. "Ainsley?" He stood up abruptly. "I need to use the bathroom, Anna. I will be right back." He walked off, his figure slowly disappearing behind the curtains to the back.

I turned around and there sat the old woman that had been staring at me for longer than usual. She made her way to the table and took a seat. She wore rags all over her body. Her hands were battered, and her nails were blackened with dirt. She picked up a piece of bread and dipped it in Ainsleys soup and ate away. I watched her disgusted by her manners and her smell. She looked up at me, sharp beady eyes, yet curious and knowledgeable.

"It is rude to stare." Her breath smelled like a rotten corpse. I stood up holding my stomach and my nose. "And a McCurrie to." I stopped in my movements. She gave me a small laugh and gestured towards the chair.

I took my seat but held a napkin to my nose. "Curious, are we?" I didn't bother to answer her, not that she needed one anyway. She dragged my plate to her side and gulped down its hot liquid, she placed the plate down and belched. My stomach took a turn for the worse, she smelled worse than a dead corpse. She unashamedly placed the remaining four slices of bread in between her clothes. She stopped and looked at the door, watching and waiting. She was quiet for a few minutes then she turned her attention to me. She popped her hands on the table and took in my form.

"Your hands." I looked at her taken aback.

"What about them?" She rolled her beady eyes.

"Give them to me child." I placed both my hands in hers. I was going to have to use different detergents to wipe away the touch and smell.

"Yes." She said then sniffed at them. I felt her warm tongue lick at my fingers, and she nodded again, meanwhile my stomach was willing to release puke through places other than my mouth, and my brain was in total agreement. She dropped them and leaned in closer to me.

"You know it would soon get dark. Why are you far away from your family when the woman is roaming around killing, when you know she has a date with you? You would soon be next." I looked around the room, suddenly I became aware that I was talking to a woman that might even be in my imagination.

I whispered. " I am sorry I do not get what you are talking about." She leaned back against her chair, "But of course you do McCurrie." Offended I raised my voice.

"Do not call me that." She nodded and looked around.

"That boy, his life has taken a turn for the worse, and he is going to die an unexpected death, even though he has no linking with you, or does he?" A blush crept up cheeks and she smiled and nodded to herself.

"Ah, of course and does she know?" I looked up at her, she chuckled but without humour. "Your mother does she know?"

I looked down again at my hands. "She is going to try to end you, and your family. Everyone in your linage, that including-" I nodded and looked down my empty plate.

"You know who you are dealing with? Right?" I stared at the woman, the dead woman's words ringing in my ears.

"This could have been you."

Ainsley.

Ainsley pushed the door open and walked in, that was some shit he had seen. How? Where? Could he start his explanation from? The address was forged, but he could have sworn he went there on Friday, with Anna. Shit was messed up; it was after she picked up that mirror and screamed that strange things started happening. What had she seen?

He moved to the mirror and looked at himself. He ran his hands through his messy hair, bending he splashed cold water but that didn't even help cool off his fear. Fear he was never scared but this was real, he had seen a dead woman speak and call Anna's name. Did that mean that Anna was not in need of a mental hospital, because he had been thinking about that as an option to end the craziness that ran from mother to children.

He turned his back and walked around the little room, there was only one stall, but it looked locked, No one was in, he thought. He came back to the mirror and looked at him self, really looked.

"What is going on?" But even the mirror could not answer him. An uneasy feeling settled in his gut. He turned and headed for the door.

"Ainsley is that you?"

He stopped and turned around, it could have been imagined, but the stall's door opened, and a woman poked her head halfway through. She smiled; he bumped his back against the wall.

"Hannah?"

The woman smiled even wider. "I have not changed that much, or have I?" The stall was still halfway closed. He blinked, this could not be, but even when he opened his eyes and looked at the mirror she was there, in human form. "What- what are you doing here?" He was stammering now.

"Why i came to see you." A frown crossed her lips. "You have not checked on me for some time now."

He swallowed, this was not real, it was not real, but he could help but ask, "Wh- why?" She giggled a girly laugh.

"Why, I have something to show you." Slowly the door opened, and she stood there, smiling, next to the toilet. His heart calmed down a little, her dress was a blue, rosy one, it was short just below her knees, her smile grew wide till it seemed forced, she rubbed her hand around her tummy which looked pregnant, she caught his gaze. "Don't you remember we are expecting." His brow frowned.

"What a child?" Her face turned from that of happy to sour.

"We are expecting, Ainsley, like you wanted, a family." Her voice became soft as she said the last word. "I-I dont know what you ar-"

"Liar!" She screamed, blood dripped down her legs, and she started shaking, her blue was stained with blood. Screams of pain filled the air, she was birthing a child and blood spilled from her eyes. She stepped out.

"Do you love me?" She screamed.

Blood poured like a waterfall. "Answer me do you still love me?" She cried again, she placed her hand under her dress and gripped on something. She screamed again; the cry of a child started filling the room.

"Hannah." He tried but she screamed even louder. "You left me, yet you wanted a family." She pulled at the child, and it came out crying, blood and blue liquid covered its small body. She held it to his face. "I carried this, I birthed it, and you left me, am I not good?" She threw the child to the floor, and it got silent immediately. "You left me." She screamed cried.

He needed to get out, this was more than he could handle. He ran out of the stall and grabbed Anna's hand, even though she sat there talking to herself.

Someone had called the authorities reporting a mentally unstable woman.