Chapter Thirty-Six

Third Point Of View.

She watched from the highest room as the two figures fought at the bottom. She didn't have to see to know whom they were, she had known them since the very beginning. The house quaked and gave a horrific scream, if only Calvert was still alive.

She walked down despite the burning flames that consumed the stairs.

She stood right before Calvert's dead body, his head just a few feet away from her shoe. She Picked up his head and cuddled it in her chest. She didn't mind the amount of blood that stained her clothes, she was used to such things. She felt bad, that the flower garden she had created had gone to waste, but at least she was dead, and that was all that mattered. She pressed her lips to his cold ones and took a drink at the blood that poured from his mouth.

He had his eyes open and closing them would be a waste as he was already cold. The moonlight shone on her winkled hand, and her wedding band glistered under the light.

The patter of feet sounded around the darkened room and a young girl in a blue cotton gown looked up at her. "I did what you asked of me, now let me go." The woman eyed her thin form. "Go back to where you were hidden and never come out or else-"

"You promised me Beatrice, you did, and I lost my-" The woman's old, shrivelled hand gripped her throat, and under her breath she whispered. "Do not tempt me."

The young girl slapped her hand away and smiled. "I am dead remember. So, it would be you that should not tempt me, Beatrice Ghislain McCurrie."

Epilogue.

The stretcher was pushed into the ambulance. Mother lay on it with tears running down her eyes. Once the doctor walked out she whispered. "I saw your father, even though it was for a few minutes. I saw him, he saved me Anna. And he is happy, where he is though, he has not grown that old." I smiled at her. Her head was in a bandage.

"Mother you need to rest now, she said it was shock, do not worry yourself now. Everything is over." She nodded and I watched her close her eyes, a small smile on her lips.

I got out of the vehicle and saw James, sitting down on the hood of a police car, he stared into space. Something was going on in his mind. "Hey you, little man. You were so brave." I pulled him into a hug, and he looked up at me.

"Owen, Eli and father have gone, they said goodbye just now. They said they would see me soon and that I had to take good care of you and mother." I nodded and he pointed. "There can you see them?" I looked at the direction he pointed at, and true to his words, the three of them stood there. They waved back at us, then a cloud of smoke passed by and they were gone.

James took in breath. "I will go stay with mom, here." He pushed a brown envelop in my hands and I looked down at it confused. I opened the bag up.

"Hey you." Ainsley grabbed hold of me, turning me around, I slammed into his chest, and he kissed my swollen lips, then went down on his knees and kissed my tummy. He pulled me back into a hug. "Next time tell me we are pregnant okay, before embarking on a death mission." I nodded and looked at the destroyed area.

The girl stood there picking up a lily from the ground, I guess she just wanted to be free. My mind went back to the paper bag and the image I had first seen in the mirror. I pulled out the first picture I could find, bringing it to the light. I held back a laugh. There were two girls both in hideous white ball gowns smiling as their pictures were taken.

Then there was another picture, one of a mirror. I brought it out to the light as the inside of the picture was grey and filled with dirt.

I dropped the picture to the ground.

No, it could not be. She had told me herself, she had-

I looked back at the young girl that walked around barefoot. No, this was, I was not going to believe it.

I could still see it, the mirror I had picked up from his office, two girls one dead, the other alive. The one alive with a knife she had used on the dead girl. The same knife that she wanted to use on me.

But then if her best friend was not Anna then that meant-

"Anna stay with me do not faint, Anna!" Ainsley screamed.

Later that evening:

The young boy walked among the rubble and dirt. He had heard the great fall from all the way from his house. The great house had fallen, as his mother had said. There were lots of shiny things to pick. He stumbled on a teacup and its set. He made a face, they had more than enough of those.

A shiny object caught his attention, and he swept the dirt away and picked it up. It looked like a locket, it was fancy even though it was broken. "Jeremy, how many time have I told you not to wonder off like that." He stood up from his position and ran back the opposite way. "Coming mother."

He placed his new treasure in the depth of his inner pocket.

***

Even though the mirror was broken, and half its pieces scattered, she still smiled. It might have been broken and her form dead, but that didn't mean she was gone.

As long as the second mirror still lived, she was alive to.

But now, her target was not just the McCurrie family, it was all the people she would come in contact with. The people she that would hold her mirror.

And her first victim was the boy who picked her up.

THE END:

Hey, what do you think? Was the story spooky enough? Did you enjoy it?

Was the story spooky enough? Did you enjoy it?

Do share your comments with me and you best believe I will definitely read them all and reply.

Thank you for giving my story a chance.

                  Jacum Lisa Sylvia.