In With The New

Catra's suit = Noir's suit

---

Sometime during the night, Ladybug dropped her transformation.

A few minutes later, she woke up.

A few minutes after that, she left.

Since it was now Monday, 3:00 am and Marinette couldn't sleep.

So she got to designing.

She felt that now, as the Guardian, she had matured. She was going to make a new suit and find a new partner.

Be a new Ladybug.

And if she thought about Chloé during that time that was her business.

The sun was almost up by the time Marinette finished her new suit design.

Now, instead of a red onesie, she had black boots coming up to her thighs, black gloves going past her elbows and connecting above her breasts. The middle part of her suit was still red, although darker, with black spots.

But Marinette's favorite part was the wings.

They came from right between her shoulder blades and stretched down to her ankles. The wings themselves were similar to that of an insect, clear and shiny with veins going through them.

Not only would they allow her to fly, but they could be used as protection if an Akuma were to hit her from behind.

And rather than two pigtails, Marinette would have her hair into a high ponytail with two red antennas situated on the top of her head (Tikki insisted she have them).

When she finished, Marinette gazed down at her new suit design with a wide grin.

"It's beautiful, Marinette!" Tikki exclaimed, followed by a wide yawn.

"Thank you, Tikki. Time for bed? Plagg?" She said before turning to where she thought Plagg was.

But he wasn't there.

In fact, Marinette hadn't seen him all night.

"Tikki," Marinette asked, horror growing in her voice. "Where's Plagg?"

Tikki froze as Marinette looked at her, eyes wide with terror.

The ravenette looked down at her hand, where Plagg's ring should be.

But it wasn't there.

No. No, no, no, no, no, no.

She'd had Plagg for barely a day and she had already lost him.

"Oh, Kwami! Shit!" Marinette jumped up, scrambling around her room to look for the Kwami.

Maybe she had taken the ring off to shower? Or maybe she had taken it off for designing, or--

"Marinette! Stop freaking out! We're going to find Plagg!" Tikki said, flying up to float in front of Marinette.

Marinette was breathing heavily, panic was overtaking her mind.

Plagg was probably lost and confused as to why the Guardian left him behind.

And after Chat Noir, how could he not feel betrayed? She'd promised to take care of him but she had left him alone!

"Marinette!"

She was spiraling.

She had hurt Plagg.

Lost him.

Left him behind.

Barely the Guardian for a month and she was already screwing up.