All Blushed Out

guess cats don't always land on their feet
…please don't murder me
---

Okay, this sucks. 

Noir had always thought that being a hero would mean unlimited fame, love, and happiness.

She expected to be showered with praise and awards for all her incredible deeds, that girls and boys alike would swoon. And maybe a certain ravenette would rush into her arms and kiss her, but that's not important.

So why in the hell was she laying at the bottom of a building, her legs bent the wrong way and a puddle of blood growing around her.

What a fun way to end her shit show of a day.

Why am I bleeding Plagg? I thought I couldn't do that anymore.

You can still bleed you fucking idiot, I just help lessen injuries. Plagg scoffed.

So why do I still feel like I fell off a building?

Maybe you're defective.

Noir wanted to slam her head into a wall, but her whole body screamed at her to shut up and stay still.

She had only been conscious for a few minutes but Noir already felt like she could pass out again and never wake up.

You're lucky you woke up at all dumbass. You owe me so much cheese for what I've done for you today and a ton more for putting up with your shit. Plagg grumped, but his voice softened. I'm glad you aren't dead, kid.

Noir gave a small smile, thanks Plagg.

She was content to just lay there for another minute--and it wasn't like she wanted to deal with the pain of standing anyway--until she heard a broken sniffle behind her.

Have fun with that whole mess kid, you've got some explaining to do.

Plagg presence disappeared from her mind.

Noir groaned and managed to flop herself over enough to see Ladybug on her knees, face hidden in her hands.

She watched with wide eyes as her partner sniffled and cried over herbroken form.

Plagg you little shit. You aren’t gonna help at all?

He didn't respond.

Noir managed to pull herself up into a sitting position, muscles burning. Every fiber of her being screamed ro stop moving and just lay in her own blood until she healed On the bright side, Plagg had managed to heal her legs. Couldn't say the same for the several broken ribs she had.

"Ladybug?"

The red and black hero shot up like a bullet, staring at Noir. A fresh wave of tears filled her blue eyes.

Ladybug rushed forward, slamming into Noir with a sob. Noir's ribs protested the assault, but Noir had never been happier to see her partner.

"You're alive! You weren't breathing and your heart-- your heart stopped!"

Well isn't that fun.

Noir tightened her grip on Ladybug, squeezing her hard enough that she might've broken another rib.

Worth it.

Her heart was beating too fast for her broken body to keep up with, having Ladybug so close was going to be the second death of her.

Why could she only hug Ladybug when the world was crumbling around them?

"How are you alive?" Ladybug whispered into Noir's hair.

"I--" Noir sighed, cutting herself off. "I'm not sure. But I think Plagg might've saved me."

She let out a breathless laugh. "I owe him so much cheese."

Ladybug giggled against her shoulder, the sound was wet with tears. "Thank you for not being dead, Goldie."

"No problem, Red. I have some things to get done anyway."

Ladybug giggled again, but her grip tightened around Noir's waist. "Like what?"

Noir's chest felt warm, like a ball of light was sitting behind her ribs. "Well I couldn't just leave my partner behind, now could I? And I have homework due tomorrow that I haven't even started."

"I can't believe you just died and you're worried about homework." Ladybug said.

"Oh come on! It's physics and I am so bad at physics!"

The two shared another laugh, Ladybug snuggled up in Noir's arms. She reached over and gently took Noir's braid in her hand.

Noir tried not to shiver at the light touch so close to her face.

You just died and all you can think about is Ladybug? You are so unbearably ridiculous.

Shut it Plagg, I'm trying not to think about the whole dying thing okay? I'll just ignore it now and fall into an existential dread later.

Noir focused on her breathing, and tried to ignore how warm Ladybug's breath was on her cheek and how gentle her gloved hands were in her hair.

The two heroes stared into each other's eyes for what felt like forever and a second. The sunrise casted shades of orange and pink on Ladybug, making the whole thing feel surreal.

Her lips look so soft. Noir thought to herself, heart frantically jumping around.

"You know when I was Lady Noire, I had a braid." Ladybug finally whispered, breaking the spell. Her lashes fluttered against her cheeks and if Noir hadn't  known better she would've thought the girl was blushing. Probably just the reflection of the sunrise.

Noir tried not to be dissapointed.

"Oh yeah? I bet you wore it better." She choked out, willing her voice to be normal. Oh Kwami I hope I'm not blushing.

Ladybug laughed. "Hardly. It was like a rope attached to my head. Yours is much prettier."

Ladybug smiled shyly at Noir, cheeks dusted a light shade of pink that made her freckles stand out.

I think I'm going to have a heart attack.

Careful, kid. You don't want to die twice in one night.

Noir swallowed nervously, shaking her head to get rid of any thoughts of kissing her partner.

"You looked great as Lady Noire." Noir whispered nervously. "But you definitely look better in red."

Oh Kwami she was bad at flirting.

But apparently it worked, Ladybug flushed a bright shade of crimson before shoving back from Noir.

Ladybug stumbled onto her feet, frantically waving her arms around in an attempted effort to be less awkward.

Noir fell back, hitting the ground with an 'oomph'. Well that was unexpected.

"Oh gosh! I'm so sorry! I just realized I had to get home before anyone realized I was missing and then I just acted without thinking and I'm so, so sorry!" Ladybug scrambled forward and then back again, as if realizing she shouldn't be too close to Noir.

Noir wasn't even able to stand before Ladybug was launching into the air and flying off into the night.

She let her transformation drop, allowing Plagg to fly out of her ring to hiver in front of her.

"What is the god damn fuck just happened?"

"You just got rejected big time!" Plagg was bent over with laughter.

Chloé groaned, flopping back onto the cool pavement. Her ribs protested but she didn't care.

How was she supposed to face Ladybug for patrol tomorrow?

---

see? she's alive guys so please don't kill me

i even threw in some fluff as an apology so just…don't unalive me