Like A Knife In The Back

i am fueled by spite and a mix of every slurpee from 7/11 that i could fit in one big gulp

---

Well, Noir had not been expecting that.

Tell her I said hi, that might make her feel better. Trixx whispered.

Sure, because its not like that would give us away. Plagg whisper-yelled back sarcastically.

Why are you whispering? She can't hear you anyway!

"Are you shitting me? Is it your goal to end up trapped or tied up every battle?"

Noir sat up, using her arms to hold herself up.

"Hey! This is the first time!"

Ladybug leaned closer, frowning deeply at her partner. "Then why does it feel like it happens all the time?"

Noir grinned up at her partner, moving so close that their noses were almost touching. "All I'm hearing is that you think about me all the time, Red."

Oooh, good one. Trixx murmured.

Ladybug flushed bright red, matching her mask. But she didn't move away.

"I'm only thinking of how ridiculous you are!" Ladybug grit out. Now their noses were touching, they were sharing the same breath.

If you two keep breathing into each other's faces like this, you're both going to pass out.

Yeah, Noir murmured back to Plagg. I'm nervous enough to pass out.

I meant from carbon dioxide inhalation you dumbass.

For once I agree, this is getting weird. Why do you humans like this? Your heart is racing like it'll explode and you haven't even kissed her! Trixx shouted maniacally.

Noir was going to have to take away Plagg's cheese privileges if he kept ruining these kinds of moments.

Hey! What about shit head over here?

Trixx has to go back to Ladybug after this, I can't take away their snacks.

"How ridiculously cute I am?" Noir purred--at least Plagg was trying to help now.

I'm only helping so you give me back my cheese.

Ladybug went impossibly redder. "No? No! I'm thinking about how it's like you enjoy being tied up!"

"Why don't you take notes for later, Red?" Noir wasn't even thinking anymore, just repeating lines she had heard from rom coms.

It was going surprisingly well.

Ladybug was clearly fighting a smile, the thought made Noir's heart sing.

"I--what you do in your personal time is not my business, Noir! I don't think we should speak about it!" Ladybug spluttered, her face and ears beet red.

"Of course, of course. But the position we're in right now speaks for itself, doesn't it Red?"

She's got a solid point. Trixx said.

It seemed Ladybug finally realized she had Noir pinned down with her thighs, hand on either side of her body.

Plagg wolf-whistled inside her head.

Ladybug made a squeaky, high pitched noise and fell backwards off of Noir. The weight and warmth of her partner's body leaving made Noir shiver.

"Sorry, sorry. I saw Chloé fall and got distracted and--" Ladybug cut herself short, looking at Noir like she caught her smoking cat nip and playing the banjo. "Wait. I saw Chloé fall, not you, and she's no where around."

Noir shifted awkwardly on her feet, smiling in a way that she hoped seemed innocent.

Don't question it, please. Please, please, please.

Only a blind zombie wouldn't know you look suspicious as hell.

"What the hell is going on?"

Noir's brain grinded to a halt. There was no way she was getting out of this with everything intact.

She wanted to come up with something clever, a good reason for being in a blood cocoon when it should be Chloé. A good reason for why the illusion was already slipping off her.

Instead, all that came out was: "Surprise?"

Ladybug looked like she was trying to melt her partner with just her eyes, Noir could hear her grinding her teeth together. She could probably figure out who Ladybug was just by looking through the dental records in Paris.

"Surprise? Surprise? You need to explain whats going on now before I use my yoyo on you!"

The threat of a yoyo would've made Noir laugh, if it wasn't for the suddenly very scary weapon at her waist.

Noir swallowed nervously and put her hand up in a show of surrender.

"So Long story short, I didn't go get Chloé because she isn't ready to have a Miraculous so I used the Fox Miraculous to become a fox/cat hero and I created an illusion of Chloé as a Fox hero and myself as Noir still but then the illusion just wore off so now I look like the fox/cat hero again--which Plagg and Trixx decided should be called Jackal. And Trixx says hi." Jackal--not Noir--rambled on.

Why was she talking so much? She was really starting to act like Marinette.

Ladybug was silent for a long moment. But she still looked ready to kill. And if she tried, Jackal didn't think she would survive.

"Okay." She finally said. "Okay."

Jackal had no idea what to do. Ladybug wasn't yelling or crying or freaking out at all. Jackal could handle all those things--she learned from dealing with her parents--but she had no clue how to handle this.

Ladybug looked...empty. Like all the life was drained out of her with every word Noir said.

"Let's just get this over with."

Noir nodded, lips pressed tightly together. She was worried that anything she said would just upset Ladybug further.

Ladybug launched off the roof with one last puzzling look.

Noir followed only seconds behind.

---

*le gay*