Nightmares

hello there, I am here to fuck with your heads and emotions

---

It was so dark out. Ladybug could barely see the buildings around her, much less the figure in front of her.

But she didn't need to.

Because she recognized that voice. That stature.

Chat Noir.

Chat Noir.

A part of her wanted to laugh.

This was just so typical.

Of course her worst nightmare was him. Of course the world couldn't make things easy for her. Of course. Of course.

Here he was, standing in front of her with a smirk on his face.

"Hello there, Bugaboo." He snarled, leaning on his staff.

Ladybug steeled herself, clenching her fists and painting her feet. "Chat Noir, you are a figment of my nightmares. Kindly fuck off."

Chat Noir frowned, pouting like a child. It was almost funny--if he hadn't been the one person to haunt her nightmares for almost two years.

"Well that's not very kind, M'Lady." He stood, prowling towards her. "After everything we've been through?"

Then he lunged.

Chat Noir racked his claws across her cheek, blood poured from the wound.

Ladybug shoved him off and rolled away. Her cheek felt like it was on fire, burning and ripping through her skin.

She jumped to her feet, tentatively prodding the wound with her fingers. They came back drenched in red.

Ladybug shuddered, staring Chat Noir down. His smile was condescending.

Ladybug growled and threw her yoyo, wrapping it around his wrist and pulling.

Chat Noir fell forward, face planting on the cement.

Ladybug twisted, stringing up Chat Noir like the pig he was.

Chat noir grinned ferally, teeth bared. He laughed, a low, broken sound.

"Oh, Ladybug. Don't you ever lose?"

Ladybug's heart gave a thump.

"Not often."

Chat Noir didn't respond. His grin widened.

And then he slashed the yoyo string.

"You should try it sometime. Like right--"

Chat Noir didn't get another sentence out.

Because something came from behind and cut his head off.

Ladybug screamed and stumbled back.

What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck.

She looked down at the body--or, where the body should be. All that was left was a pile of midnight blue sand.

Sand. A Nightmare.

The thought didn't stop Ladybug's heart from hammering against her ribs.

She glanced back up to see the attacker.

A pair of glowing green eyes were the first thing to appear. Then, a halo of blonde hair.

And cat ears.

But he was gone. He was gone. Only a nightmare. He was a civilian so why?

"Ladybug? Are you alright?" Noir's voice was music to her ears.