Off The Rails

I am this close to just straight up YEETING myself off a bridge

---

Adrien Agreste was Chat Noir.

He was.

Even without the ring he was still the best damn hero Paris had ever seen.

And he could prove it to the city--to Ladybug.

If Ladybug refused to acknowledge him, then he would make her.

He could be the hero Paris needed. He could defeat Hawkmoth. He could get the girl.

Ladybug had disregarded him and his love. So he could find someone else. Someone new to give the Ladybug Miraculous to once he killed Ladybug and ripped the earrings from her ears.

And he already knew the perfect girl.

How had he been so blind? How could he have been so ignorant? How could he have only seen her as a friend?

Adrien had missed the princess in her tower, too caught up in the knight fighting beside him.

Marinette. The beautiful, smart girl that deserved his love and partnership far more than Ladybug ever did. His Princess. She would make the perfect Ladybug.

And he already knew she loved him, Alya had let that slip during her rant about the girl. Which meant that all he had to do was show up and tell her he felt the same. That his love for her was ingrained in his bones, that he wanted to keep her for himself and no one else. That she was his.

And Marinette would swoon and kiss him. And then they could live happily ever after--they get married, and get a beautiful house and a dog or a cat or a hamster.

Marinette would be his new Ladybug. Just as soon as he fixed her flaws--pretty things shouldn't be so mean, shouldn't be so uncaring for others the way Marinette was with the class.

So he would fix her.

Patch up that rudeness. Connect her broken links with the class. Patch up her indifference.

And she would love him.

He would show up on her balcony that very night dressed in his new suit--he already had everything he needed to be Chat Noir again. The black market had all sorts of weapons and things to make a suit with.

So he got to work.

Adrien cut and sewed and trimmed until he held his new suit in his hands. It wasn't the best work, but Marinette would make him a better one.

She would have so much fun with it. That is, until he got his ring back from that imposter.

Seriously, who was she? Acting all chummy with ladybug like she wasn't a cheap knock-off. Had Ladybug chosen her? Had Plagg?

Adrien gripped his suit tightly, uncaring if he ripped it as red took over his vision.

Ladybug had no right to replace him. Plagg had no right. Adrien was the best Chat Noir there had ever been and he had been replaced just because of a few things Ladybug thought were problems!

It looked just like his old suit, black and catlike. The bell wasn't as silent but he could work with it. And this one he could take on and off without revealing his identity, which meant that he and Marinette could enjoy some intimate time whenever he wanted.

The scowl on his face faded as he thought of his Princess. She was going to love him in and out of the suit--unlike Ladybug, who didn't love any part of him.