Stuck In My Head

you guys can have a little gay, as a treat

---

The next day, Marinette stared at herself in the mirror.

She was wearing a pair of her favorite black and white plaid pants, her hair had a matching headband pulling back her hair, her shoes were all black Converse high tops and across her shoulder was a  small black and white bag to carry Tikki.

Everything was normal, she was dressed in one of her original designs, one both comfortable and cute. The odd thing was…she was wearing a blousy red tank top tucked into her pants and tied with black belt.

You definitely look better in red.

Marinette flushed, her reflection staring wide eyed back at her.

What was she thinking? Red wasn't her color! She wore sweet, innocent pink, not bold, scandalous red!

You definitely look better in red.

Oh Kwami, her knees were turning to jelly again.

"You look great Marinette! Stop fretting and get to school!

Marinette was drowning in her uncertainty. She hadn't gone back to sleep after her freak out with Noir. Instead, she spent an hour making a new outfit out of the silky red fabric stashed in her closet.

All because of what Noir said.

What was wrong with her? What if everyone freaked out because she wasn't wearing pink? She never, ever wore red!

You definitely look better in red.

No, no, no. She needed to stop thinking about Noir and how soft her lips looked and how her blue eyes shone in the night and how she really, really wanted to kiss her--

"No!" Marinette screamed, smacking her hands against her burning cheeks.

Tikki sat on the top of the mirror, tiredly watching her holder freak out. At least this time it was over a respectable blonde.

"Okay. Okay!" Marinette yelled at her reflection. "I'm just gonna go! Gonna do it! Yeah, yeah!"

Matinette paused, once again nervously watching herself in the mirror.

"I can't do it!" She wailed, throwing herself on her pink chaise.

Tikki sighed, flying forward to grab Marinette's shirt and pull her back. She yanked the anxious girl down the stairs, hiding when they entered the kitchen.

"Good morning Marinette, have a croissant on your way out." Sabine smiled patiently as Marinette stumbled forward to take the bag of pastries. "Share with your friends."

Marinette froze. She hadn't told her parents anything about Lila and the mess she created before going back to Italy. Her maman and pere still thought she and Alya were besties and that everyone adored her.

Sometimes, Marinette would lie and say that she was hanging out with Alya so she would be able to sneak away for Akuma attacks. It wasn't the best solution but it did prove helpful.

Maybe she'd just eat all the croissants.

"Bye maman!" Marinette smiled awkwardly at her maman and quickly kissed her on the cheek before running out the door.

Marinette sighed, closing her eyes for just a minute to catch her breath.

"Marinette! Can I have a croissant! Please, please!" Tikki exclaimed excitedly, flying as fast as she could out of Marinette's bag.

Marinette smiled at her Kwami, it was nice to know she could rely on Tikki's sweet tooth to be a constant in her life.

Taking a look into the bag from her maman, Marinette pulled out a chocolate croissant and handed it to her Kwami, who grinned with delight at the treat in her paws. The two made their way down the path to school, the silence was comfortable between them.