Seeing Rouge

do you get it?

the title

its a fucking pun

i am so god damn hilarious

---

Marinette Dupain-Cheng did not have a crush on Noir.

She couldn't, they didn't know anything about each other.

She couldn't fall for another gem-eyed blonde dressed like a cat.

She couldn't.

She wouldn't.

It didn't matter how sweet Noir was. How adorable her blush was. The way she winked and smiled and flipped her hair and--

She did not have a crush on Noir.

So why was she daydreaming about her in class instead of paying attention?

Because, because she was doing her job!

Yes! She needed to think about Noir so she could find out her identity!

Because what if Noir turned bad? Who would get the Miraculous back?

Noir was far too graceful and beautiful to let her ring get taken away!

She was too perfect to let that happen!

And then what about Plagg? What would he do with another wayward cat?

Yes, that's why Marinette was daydreaming--thinking--about the beautiful blonde with crystal blue eyes and golden hair.

For work reasons.

No other reasons.

No other--

"Marinette?"

Her head shot up so fast, Marinette thought she might have whiplash.

That would be an embarrassing way to die.

"Uh...yes?" She asked, blinking at the girl in front of her desk.

Alya.

Why was Alya in front of her desk?

Marinette looked around the room, seeing that Madame Bustier was gone--probably disregarding her job again--and the rest of the last was not so subtly eavesdropping.

"I--I--" she took a deep breath, looking slightly nervous. That was weird, Alya didn't get nervous. "Do you want to hang out tonight? We could go see a movie or something."

What?

Alya wanted to hang out with her?

The last time they had hung out was...almost two years ago.

"You...you want to hang out with me?" Marinette hated the way her voice cracked.

She hated that she looked weak to Alya, that she looked like she had been waiting for Alya to talk to her again.

But the truth was, despite Alya leaving her behind for Lila, despite Alya refusing to talk to her for years, despite everything--she still wanted her back.

Alya had been her best friend for years.

And Marinette missed her.

"I miss you, girl. I want to be friends again."

Marinette smiled as she stood up to hug her friend.

It felt good. Alya always gave the best hugs.

"After the whole Lila problem, you stopped being such a jerk and I saw the Marinette you used to be, girl."

And her heart broke all over again.