Chapter 1 - The Secret Beneath

Error's POV

  I was cooking a dead boar over a fire pit in my home. Suddenly, there was a knock at the entrance of my house. I stood up before walking over to the door.

When I opened it, I looked down and saw a young man with black hair. I recognized him as Breton, the messenger of the yarl.

Breton: The yarl wants you to investigate a cave that is located in an area in the desert. He sent a group of explorers but they seem to have went missing. Here is the map leading to it.

  I grabbed the rolled up paper that he handed to me. I said goodbye to him and closed the door.

After placing the paper on a table, I thought to myself about when I had to look down to talk to Breton.

  He seemed to be the same age as me and I was twenty years old. However, I have always been extremely taller than everyone else. Even the tallest race, the elves, were shorter than me by a huge difference. I was twice the height of an average person.

  I sat back down before continuing the cooking of the meat. Once it was done, I tore off a piece. I wasn't much of an eater but food tasted amazing to me.

After finishing the last bite, I stood up and grabbed my satchel. I gathered everything that was needed and then picked up the scroll.

  I secured my satchel and grabbed my dual blades before leaving my home.

As I walked through town, I stared at my surroundings. People walked around and children chased each other. However, when they saw me, they stopped in fear. I knew that people in this town feared me but they didn't do anything as I wasn't a threat.

When I reached the gates, the guards opened them. I ducked, walking into the world.

(Time Skip)

I stopped at the top of a sand dune to rest for a second. I have been traveling non-stop to find this cave that Breton had spoke about. The entrance to this unknown place was just up ahead.

Once I caught my breath, I began walking again. Finally, I arrived at the place I was told to go.

However the entrance of the cave was nowhere to be found. Looking around, I double checked my map.

'I'm in the right place. Where is it?'

Suddenly, I felt rumbling in my feet. The sand dune in the distance was moving which wasn't a good thing. Two twisted horns poked out from the sparkly grains.

'Diablos.'

My breathing picked up as I started to panic. The dual blades on my back weren't made to fight a diablos and I couldn't use magic since I wasn't born with it.

The sand monster circled around me, like a shark to its prey. I pulled out my blades, ready to defend myself. Then the diablos jumped out of the sand. I quickly dodged the monster's attacks. I couldn't get close enough to hit it with my dual blades which forced me to have to set down a trap.

  After placing down a pitfall trap, the monster's foot got caught in it. It's huge body crashed to the ground.

Suddenly, the sand began to move, revealing a hole. The loose sand fell down, dragging everything with it.

  I tried to run but the pulling of the grains was too strong, causing both the monster and I to fall. I plummeted below with no way to safe myself.

As I fell, I watched the bottom come closer and closer. Then, I hit the ground and...

Everything went black