Chapter 4 - New Home

Creator's POV

We continued to stare at each other. A smile appeared on his face, causing a smile to appear on my mine.

However, my smile disappeared. I turned around to face the aftermath of war.

Me: I should put our kind to rest.

Destroyer: Why? They chose this path. Now my realm has their souls.

Me: You have a realm?

He nodded.

Destroyer: It's called Oblivion.

  I tightened my brown scarf before using my magic to create several sarcophaguses. I placed the dead in them before laying the stone cases on the ground. Lastly, I used magic to create a burial. The roof and walls around us were made of stone.

  The Destroyer looked around with surprise on his face.

Destroyer: I've never seen your magic in use. I knew it was powerful but... I didn't know it was beautiful to watch.

He said before flapping his wings. He added final details to the tombs that were high up. Sometimes, I missed my ability of flight.

The black armored god landed on his feet, folding his wings. I smiled at him and he returned the smile, making me blush.

Turning around, I walked out of the burial. I stared at the sky and relaxed my breathing.

  Suddenly, I felt arms wrap around my waist. I moved my gaze and saw the Destroyer hugging me from behind. His large black wings encased me... like a safe cocoon.

Destroyer: I feel the love connection between us.

Me: I can as well.

Destroyer: The void tied our souls together. I'm finally happy.

I kissed him before getting out of his strong grip. I picked up my glaive from the ground and sheathed it on my back. The Destroyer followed me off the battle grounds.

As we walked, I thought to myself. When I get the time, I should create mortals that possess little to no magic. The earth suffered because of my kind. I wasn't going let that happen again.

  I felt the Destroyer grip my hand in comfort. He seemed to have noticed my thinking. He gave my a smile. I blushed, smiling back in reassurance.

(Time Skip)

  We walked through the desert. It was night and the air was cold. The Destroyer used his wings to keep me warm. 

  After finding an oasis, I stopped under a tree and sat down. The Destroyer explored the small haven.

  Standing up, I used my magic to create a palace made of sandstone. The oasis was located in a courtyard. Fire pits lining the courtyard walls warmed the atmosphere.

Destroyer: It's beautiful.

Me: I'm glad you like it. This is one of many homes that I will create for us. A home for the last two remaining gods.

  We walked around the palace, memorizing the layout.

  We went to the bedroom. It was a huge room that was connected with a balcony. Curtains hung from the ceiling.

  There was large bed in the center. Not far in front of the bed was a pool of water used for soothing the body. While sitting in the pool, you could see the sky through the large opening to the balcony.

  The Destroyer took off his armor. Then he walked over to the bed and climbed into the covers, still allowing his wings to move freely. He motioned for me to lay down.

  I smiled and entered the bed. After getting comfortable, I hugged the warm body of my lover. He quickly chuckled and pull me close to him. His wing rested on me, acting like a warm blanket of thick feathers.

Destroyer: What should we say to each other to express our love?

Me: ...

I love you