Chapter 10 - The Library

Zulo's(Error's) armor is like the daedric armor from Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Valar's(Ink's) POV

  I shot awake in a cold sweat, heavily breathing and scared. I woke up Zulo by my abrupt actions. He was immediately concerned when he saw what state I was in.

Zulo: Love, are you alright?

Me: I... I... had a vision.

Zulo: Of what?

  I tried to gather my thoughts. Flashbacks of my vision rushed through my mind.

Me: I saw... such much death and destruction. It wasn't caused by you but someone else. Someone else who wields deadly powerful magic.

  Black tears rolled down my ink stained cheeks. The Destroyer pulled me onto him and into a hug. His wings wrapped around us. I buried myself into his chest as he rubbed comforting circles on my back.

Zulo: It's okay. It was just a vision.

  He said quietly before kissing me. I wiped my tears and returned the kiss.

  We stayed still for a few minutes, enjoying each other's presence before Zulo had to destroy to keep the balance in check.

  I got up from the bed, letting the Destroyer up as well. He groaned tiredly as he walked over to the shelf that had his armor and his sword. He attached the pieces over his body and adjusted his wings to a comfortable position. He sheathed his sword into its scabbard.

  We kissed deeply. Even though the black metal was digging into my body, I didn't care as I exchanged affection with my love.

Zulo: Alright Love, I have to leave.

  I playfully whimpered as he put on his helmet. He walked towards the balcony and opening his black wings. They carried him off, leaving me to my own thoughts.

  My mind went back to the vision that I had. I needed to do research.

  The soft voice of Broomie came from behind me. I turned around and smiled at her. She was holding a silver tray that had a jug of wine. It seemed she had chosen to wear a quite revealing dress today.

Broomie: Good morning, Creator.

Me: Good morning.

Broomie: What are your plans today?

  I didn't want to tell her about my vision as I didn't want to worry her.

Me: I will be reading in my library.

Broomie: May I join you?

Me: Of course.

  I headed towards the door that opened the portal to my realm of existence. Broomie was hesitant to enter my library as she knew what would happen if a mortal entered my realm. To be put simply, the mortal would die.

  However, I had granted access to Broomie. Only she and Zulo were allowed in my realm.

  She stepped past the door, almost holding her breath anxiously.

  My library was organized. The bookshelves reached to the top of the tall ceiling, each shelf filled with books. The pages held all existing knowledge that has been created over the millions of years that I have lived.

  In the center of the library was a podium. The stand had a large book. It's leather cover had intricate engravings and jewels, as well as a strong magical lock securing it shut.

Broomie: What's in that book, Creator?

  She pointed at the book. The podium was almost taller than her, making it difficult for her to see what the book looked like.

Me: You do not need to know that information.

  I said while reading a book on a pile of pillows.

  She nodded before setting the tray on a table.

  The locked book held the knowledge of the old gods, the race that I was apart of. Its pages kept the information of powerful magic that we possessed and everything about us. If the wrong person was to get a hold of the book, the outcome would be devastating.

  Broomie read a book from one of the shelves.

Broomie: Can you at least tell me the name of it?

Me: Scri do Acyen Mana.

  She was speechless for a second. This made me realize that I said the name in my native language of the gods.

Me: I'm sorry. It's called the "Script of Ancient Magic".

  She left the library to explore the outside wilderness of my realm. While in my moments of silence, I endlessly searched through books to find something that could be the origin of my vision.

Me: There has to be someone or something that can cause that.

  I was beginning to get frustrated by my fruitless attempts. My eyes moved towards the book that I wished I wouldn't have to open, the "Script of Ancient Magic".

  A sigh escaped me.

Me: ...

That is the only book left