Chapter 13 - Swords and Old Scars

This chapter has 1112 words so prepare to read for longer than normal.

Error's POV

When the bells rang out, everyone began to run out of the building. Ink and I stood up from our chairs and rushed down stairs to the front door.

  The small pawlyn attempted to match the running pace of us however, she was too slow.

  I picked her up as we run to the town square. I tried not to show my own fear as to not worry the cat. Ink got the attention of one of the villagers.

Ink: What is happening?

Villager: A Nalgalgita is attacking.

  When he said that, my mind suddenly felt weird. I closed my eyes out of slight pain as a vision came to me.

~~~~Flashback~~~~

  I felt the wind against my face as I glided high above the mountains.

  The air was thin but I loved flying. I felt free and didn't have to worry about destroying Valar's creations.

  I suddenly heard a roar, causing me to become alert. Everything on the ground was small but my eyes were able to enhance my sight.

There was a large creature that was attacking Valar. It was obvious that he wasn't winning the battle.

My used to magic to summon my armor and sword. My sword held the soul of a loyal dragon. Whenever I needed it, the blade would appear at my side no matter what.

I folded my wings and started to descend quickly. I was eager to fight the Nalgalgita, the god eater.

~~~~End of Flashback~~~~

  My eyes opened as I was brought back to reality. That vision wasn't one of my memories but... it felt so real.

  I felt a scratch on my arm which made me look down. The pawlyn was pointing forward. I saw that Ink was running towards the danger.

Me: Go find somewhere safe.

  She nodded and rushed off. I rushed after Ink as I knew he wouldn't be able to fight the beast. Unsheathing my dual blades, I tried stop the skeleton from running to his death.

  Finally, I was able to catch up to him. I grabbed Ink's arm and yelled.

Me: What are you doing, Ink?

Ink: I have to kill it. If I don't, then your people are as good as dead.

  Ink broke from my grip. I froze in fear, quickly debating if I should fight alongside him.

'That creature is the incarnation of destruction.'

  I wanted to run but something inside of me was commanding me to fight and protect Ink.

  My feet started to carry me towards the danger. There was a strange feeling in my soul. I didn't feel fear anymore and my grip around my blades tightened.

  This spark was familiar to me for some reason but, it was unusual. I had always disliked fighting.

  I entered the battle field. Ink had no weapon as he swiftly dodged every attack. It surprised me that he seemed experienced in fighting.