Chapter 2 - A Cold Blade

Please read "A Quick Discussion", which is located at the very bottom of the chapter. This is very important if you wish to understand the chapter.

Creator's POV

  I walked among the dead bodies of the gods. My kind did not agree with each other, thus causing a war to break out. I did not have a side as I was the creator of everything around me.

  I spawned in an endless void along with one other. I created the world and the gods that live on it. However, knowing the outcome of this war, I should create small beings called mortals.

  Mortals would not be able to possess magic as strong as the gods. This was to ensure that they could not kill the world simply because they didn't agree. I will not create another race of beings as powerful as my kind.

  There was also the Destroyer, the god that I was supposed to keep a balance with. However, I have never seen them. I only had stories of them that were told to me by the stars.

  From what I heard, the Destroyer was a god to be feared. The Destroyer and I were the oldest and strongest of them all. We were the cycle of life and we couldn't exist without each other.

  My hand clenched around the handle of my glaive as an uneasy feeling grew within me. So many gods had died fighting each other. Now their lifeless bodies laid before me.

  Suddenly, someone landed behind me before holding a sword to my neck. I could see their arm but they stayed hidden behind me. Their armor was made of black metal and black tinted magic seeped from the creases. My glaive was kicked out of my hand.

???: Who are you? You don't have wings like the others.

  He growled, holding the cold blade closer to my neck. I understood why he was asking that question.

  Gods were tall beings and their backs were adorned with large weathered wings. However, my wings melted the eyes of those who saw their beauty. This caused me to tear them off and hide them so they would no longer inflict pain.

Me: I tore off my wings.

???: Why would you do that?

Me: I had to.

  He seemed to calm down a bit but he still kept his sword at a threatening position.

???: What are you the god of?

Me: If I tell you, will you spare me?

  I said, making sure not show any fear.

???: That depends on who you are.

  I sighed.

Me: I'm the Creator.

  After the revealing of my status, the sword lowered. This allowed me to turn around. I didn't reach for my glaive as to not show myself as a threat.

  I looked at the god. Black armor covered his body. Silver horns decorated his helmet and there was a mouth piece that resembled a bird beak. On his back, two large black wings were unfolded in a restless manner.

???: I'm the Destroyer.

  He took off his helmet to show his face. His wings folded, showing the he was calm.

My eyes widened and my cheeks quickly became covered with rainbow blush. The same happened with the Destroyer.

I could tell that he realized the same thing. We knew that...

We fell in love with each other

A Quick Discussion

  Hello. I know this chapter may seem confusing, I am aware of that. Don't worry though, there is a reason why this chapter is here. All of this will make sense later in the story.

  For now, let's see if you can figure out why there seems to be two different stories running alongside each other.

  Thank you for reading this.