Chapter 7 - Amulet

Error's POV

  I paced throughout the room, occasionally glancing at Ink. I couldn't figure out why he was so familiar to me and yet we've never met.

My mind couldn't seem to recall anything, causing me to grow frustrated. I grabbed my dual blades before exiting the bedroom.

  The maids and butlers stared at me in fear as I walked past them. I pushed the double doors open, soon seeing the bright sunlight.

  The town square was lively as people browsed among the shops. Children laughed as they weaved between the legs of the adults in a game of chase.

  As I walked through the village, I looked around at the products being sold by the vendors. I stopped by one that was selling accessories.

  The pieces of jewelry were intricately and uniquely designed. Based on the colors and concepts, each jewelry was dedicated to a certain god. Some were in honor of the Creator and Destroyer. Others were in honor of the gods that were killed in legends.

  I admired an amulet that was made for the Creator. It was the most beautiful out of all of them. The amulet was made of silver and it was decorated with many jewels. The gems had many colors within them, like a rainbow. A larger jewel was centered in the middle. It's base color was black with vibrant rainbow colors that entranced me.

  The vendor's voice broke me from my thoughts.

Vendor: I see you like that one. It's made of the finest silver and rare jewels. The jewel in the center is a black opal  and the gems surrounding are tourmaline. The handiwork of this amulet is worthy enough to be match the beauty of the Creator.

  I could tell that he wasn't lying about the quality. The necklace was well made. For some reason, I didn't think twice about buying the amulet. The vendor thanked me as he handed me the amulet.

  My hand gripped the silver chain as I continued walking through the village. In the distance, I saw the temple that stood over the buildings.

  My feet carried to the tall building made of stone. When I entered the temple, I immediately saw the tall statue of the Creator and Destroyer. People were leaving offerings at the bottom and praising them.

  I sat in a chair and admired the statue. I've never had to time enjoy this temple as I was always out on adventures.

  The Creator was wearing a coat with the hood over his head. An eye guard covered most of his face. A long scarf was wrapped around his neck and there were attachments on his coat that looked like many tails. He wielded a large glaive.

  The Destroyer wore intimidating armor and had a sword in his hand. Large wings were spread out.

  In the stonework of the statue was amazing. A lot of detail was put into the piece of art.

  From a story that I had read, I learned that gods wore armor that represented certain animals. The Destroyer wore black metal armor that looked like a demonic black bird. I heard that destructive magic constantly seeped from the armor.

  The Creator wore brown clothing. The multiple tails attached to his clothing represented an eight tailed wolf. However, I read that he only wore his coat with the tails when he truly needed it in battle. The Creator always wore his brown scarf as it was important to him.

  My fingers played with the chain of the newly bought amulet. I stared at the face of the Creator which somehow made it easier for me to think.

  It seemed that I had lost track of time because when I looked out the window, I saw that the sun was setting.

'I stayed in this temple for most of the day?'

  I quickly stood up, amulet in hand, and rushed back to the castle. When I arrived at the front doors, servants opened them for me.

  I thanked them before heading back to Ink's room. As I entered the room, I saw the yarl and advisor standing near the bed. My hand quickly hid the amulet in my satchel.

  Seeing them near Ink made me protective and cautious of their next actions. It almost felt like...

A primal instinct