Chapter 8 - Star Names

Creator's POV

  The Destroyer and I stood on a mountain. We looked at the lively village below. I almost felt guilty of our next action.

Me: Do you have to do this? They're a peaceful civilization.

Destroyer: It's for the balance, love. I have to do this. They are growing too fast and ruining the earth around them.

Me: What are you going to do?

  The Destroyer was silent for a second but a smile grew on his face.

Destroyer: What I do best... destroy.

  He said as he fell off the cliff. His wings opened, carrying him to the village below.

  I watched as he unleashed devastating destruction with his blue strings. They cut through buildings and tore people apart. His wings created powerful gusts of wind that blew the castle to the ground.

  I knew that the Destroyer was capable of many things as he wielded raw magic like me.

  He could plague people with disease, make a volcano cover everything in lava, make tornadoes or tsunamis. He was source of all things that could bring death.

  It didn't take long for the village to be wiped from existence. My love made sure that there was nothing left.

  I teleported to the ground and looked at the Destroyer's work.

  Particles of stone and monster dust floated in the air. Crimson blood stained the green grass and the limbs of people were scattered everywhere.

  I sighed as way to ask for forgiveness. Using my magic, I made the destruction disappear, soon creating a clear field of grass.

My hand slid against the ground, causing flowers to begin to bloom.

My task was to cover this area with flowers and trees. This was so I could give what was taken from the earth.

The Destroyer landed and sat on the ground a small distance away from me. He watched over me and the field that I worked in.

(Time Skip)

I walked through the many colorful flowers. The once busy village was now replaced with flowers and tall trees.

The animals that I gave a home stared at me but didn't run away. They knew that I wouldn't harm them as I gave them life.

  My eyes moved around the scene as I tried to find my love. After a few minutes, I found him sleeping among the flowers.

  Leaves from a tall tree provided shade for the sleeping god. His large black wings were motionless with one wing opened and the other closed.

  I smiled as I sat down next to him. I gently brushed my hand against his soft feathers, lightly petting them.

'He looks so peaceful.'

The Destroyer slowly opened his eyes. He looked up at me before smiling.

He pushed himself up. His wings drooped tiredly and his face was relaxed.

Once the Destroyer was fully awake, he looked around at the new environment around us.

Suddenly, a wolf approached us. The Destroyer gripped the hilt of his sword but I put my hand on his to stop him.

The wolf continued to come towards us. It was small compared to our giant bodies.

It sat down and stared up at me. I reached out, softly rubbing its ear. It licked my hand before walking over to the Destroyer, wanting pets from him as well.

  After we were done giving affection to the wolf, it went back to its pack.

  My love and I stood up and headed back to the mountain. There, I was able to have the full view of the field covered in flowers and trees.

Destroyer: We should have a home here. This place is beautiful.

  I thought for a second before nodding. I used my magic to create a palace made of white marble. The pillars that supported it was lined with silver.

  It had a similar layout to our home in the desert. Except it had one extra room. A room that looked out at the field. It would be room where I could create mortal art like paintings, pottery, or statues.

  Inside the palace, there was a door with carvings of light and shadow creatures, monsters, mortals, and gods. It acted like a portal that led to my realm of existence.

  My realm was a wondrous place. It was a castle with a giant library that held all knowledge. Outside the castle, lived endangered animals and magical beasts that roamed among large forests and tall mountains. It was the physical form of my creation magic.

  The Destroyer created a flame from his hand and threw it into the fireplace. The fire soon consumed the wood and warmth began to the fill the marble walls.

  I went to our bedroom to changed my clothing. I decided to wear a purple silk dress-like robe for no particular reason. My brown scarf was still kept around my neck.

  When I walked into the main room, I caught the attention of my love, who was sitting on the sofa near the fire.

  The Destroyer looked up and down my body. A smile appeared on his face.

Destroyer: You look beautiful, love. What is the occasion?

Me: I just wanted to wear this.

  I said while walking towards him. I sat on the safe next to him and leaned into his chest. I felt a feathery blanket cover my body to provide me warmth.

  The Destroyer and I watched the flames dance for a few minutes. Then, a thought came to me.

Me: Should we give ourselves names? Since we don't have any.

Destroyer: We should.

Me: I remember when I was put into existence, the stars gave me the name... Valar.

  My love looked at me.

Destroyer: That's Ink in our language.

  We shared the same language with the stars. This was so we could communicate with the other gods and the stars above us.

Destroyer: The stars named me Zulo.

Me: That's Error.

  He nodded, leaning his head on mine. He kissed me before getting comfortable.

'We have names now...

Error and Ink