Chapter 5 - Private Room

Error's POV

I stared at the unconscious being, which I somehow knew the name of.

I hesitantly approached him with my blades drawn. When I made sure that he wasn't going to wake up, I slid my hands under him and gently picked him up.

Ink silently groaned but didn't wake up.

As I had physical contact with Ink, a rushing feeling surged through my body. It made me excited and feel lively.

I carried Ink in my arms as I exited the cave. Entering the ancient ruins once more, I looked for a way out.

I suddenly noticed that flowers began to bloom and the animals didn't run away. My eyes moved down to the person in my arms.

'Is this because of you?'

Even though Ink didn't respond, it seemed I was right.

After I traced my steps to the hole that I fell down, I looked up. I tried to figure out how to get out.

Suddenly, I felt something on my foot. I looked down to see a vine wrapping around me. The plants gently secured Ink to me and they picked us up.

They carried us upwards. When we reached the top, they put me on my feet and then disappeared.

I was back in the desert, with an unconscious being in my arms. I began the journey back to the village.

(Time Skip)

I stood at the front door of the yarl's castle. Servants opened the door and immediately saw Ink. They ushered me in.

The yarl was sitting in his throne. He stood up when he noticed me. He also noticed Ink.

Yarl: That's none of my people.

Me: I found him down there. He was trapped in a cocoon for an unknown amount of time. Bodies surrounded him, each one missing a soul. And your explorers... the cocoon killed them.

The yarl seemed surprised by my story. He looked towards his advisor.

Yarl: What should we do with the unknown being?

Advisor: I think we should cut him open and do research on his soul. I want to see what he is since he managed to take the souls of your men. I know that no one has the ability to steal a soul from another person.

'They want to kill Ink for research.'

Something snapped inside of me. Anger coursed through me because of the advisor.

Me: You will do no such thing.

I slightly jumped because of my own voice. It was deeper... and more aggressive.

Yarl: You do not speak to my advisor like that, Error. Know your place.

Me: I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me.

My voice was back to normal.

Me: However, I think that we should wait until he wakes up. He's still alive. Besides, he himself didn't steal the souls. It was the strings that encased him.

  They discussed for a minute, eventually agreeing on something.

Yarl: We will keep him here in the west wing. He can have one of my private rooms.

  Servants walked to me to held out their arms to Ink. I had looked down since I towered over them.

  I backed away, keeping Ink with me. I didn't understand why I was acting like this so suddenly.

'Why am I so protective over Ink, someone who I just found trapped in a cocoon?'

  The servants guided me to the room. After they opened the door, I ducked under it and looked around.

  The room was luxurious in every way. A soft bed was next to the balcony. The mattress had royal purple comforters and soft pillows.

  Thin brown curtains waved in the small breeze. There was a seating area with a fireplace.

  I walked over to the bed and softly placed Ink on it. I pulled the blankets out, draping them over his body.

  I turned around to the servants but my mind felt weird for a second.

Me: I'm going to stay here. Until Ink wakes up.

  My voice was deeper again and I didn't have control over what I said in that moment.

  When the servants left, I had control over voice once more. I thought to myself.

What is happening to me?