Chapter 12 - Nalgalgita

Valar's POV

  I battled against a Nalgalgita, a large wyvern that resembled a panther and a serpent with large wings.

  The wyvern was a creation of Zulo and I. It was part of the shadow creatures, a piece within the balance of creation and destruction.

  What made this beast dangerous was that it was twice the size of me and there were blades on the edges of its wings. It had the speed of a cat and agility of the serpent. It had the ability to kill a god.

  I held my glaive with a tight grip. The beast swiftly moved across the ground. I threw my weapon at the creature. It blocked the attack and pounced at me.

  I was able to step out of the way but its tail whipped around and struck me.

  My body was pushed back. I breathed heavily and my mobility had disappeared.

  Godly blood trickled from the new wounds on my body. They were added to the collection of scars from my past battles.

  Nalgalgita slowly approached me. I dreaded every step that it took. My glaive was too far for me to reach. I had no choice but to accept my death.

  The wyvern stood over me, opening its panther like mouth. I closed my eyes and released a small breath.

  I waited for it to deliver the ending blow but it never happened.

  My eyes opened to see Zulo. His wings were opened in a threatening manner. He held his sword in his hand, its obsidian blade glinted dangerously.

Nagalgita's wings lowered and its tail tucked between its legs. The Destroyer was always able to make any creature become filled with fear.

Before the beast could run away, Zulo ran his sword through the head of the monster. The creature's body fell lifeless to ground. Zulo pulled his sword out from the head and sheathed the weapon.

He turned around, rushing to me in an instant. He kneeled down, checking my wounds.

Zulo: You need to start wearing your armor, Valar.

He slid his arms under my body and gently picked me up. I winced in pain as I rested my head against Zulo's chest plate. He grabbed my glaive and opened his wings.

Zulo: Let us get home so you can start regenerating. Rest for now.

I attempted to control my breathing. I felt myself grow tired.

(Time Skip)

My consciousness came back to me. I stared at the ceiling before looking around.

I was laying on a bed in the temple that resided in a mountain village. The village was close to mine and Zulo's palace within the large mountain. They had appeared years after we destroyed the last one.

I noticed that there were several flowers surrounding my body and offerings rested on the floor. The temple was empty as everyone was attending their daily life.

Pushing myself up, I admired the flowers that were left for me. I stood up from the bed after collecting my thoughts.

Zulo: I was beginning to worry that you wouldn't wake up, love.

I looked up at the large statue of us. There, sitting on the stone wing, was my love.

A smile appeared on my face as he jumped down. We stared at each other for a minute. I realized that Zulo was recently crying.

I put my hand on his cheek, wiping away stray tears. He leaned into my palm with a tired smile.

Zulo: Adaraze ya, Valar.

He pronounced his love in our native language.

Me: Adaraze ya xeno, Zulo.

I pulled my hand away, preparing to grab my glaive. Zulo stopped me by putting a hand softly on my shoulder. I looked at him curiously. He seemed to have a timid expression.

Zulo: I wish to ask you something.

Me: What is it?

I watched him pull out an amulet. My eyes slightly widened. He presented the piece of jewelry to me.

Zulo: Will you be willing to...

Marry me?