PROLOGUE 3 - Hall of Judgement, Duat

The entire world shook.

The Lava Lake brought up massive swells, crashing onto the black docks. Only the power of the Gods stopped the Sun Boat from sinking into its flames, the Gods themselves being thrown this way and that. The mountain itself begun to crumble, black stones of various sizes falling onto the pathway or into the lake.

The Hall itself didn't fair much better. Demons and spirits fell to the ground, stone archways cracked and crumbled, the floor fractured, the Golden Scales fell on their side. Ammit barely avoided being crushed, yelping and jumping into Yinepu's arms.

"What was that?"

Auser pulled himself to his feet. "Whatever it was, all the Realms must have felt it."

"The whole world must've felt it." Yinepu turned to his superior, alarmed. "Apep?"

The God shook his head. "No, that would have felt different. There would have been a wave of Isfet accompanying it. Amneris reinforced his chains with her power. I doubt we will be hearing from him any time soon."

Amneris? Yinepu grimaced. "You don't think she destroyed another galaxy, do you?"

"We would not have felt it," Auser assured him. "She is strong, but not that strong."

As the shaking lessened, four more deities ran into the hall: the Cat Goddess Bastet, the would-be-king God Heru, the Great Mother Aset, and the God-King himself Ré. To say they were shaken would be nice, they were all in varying states of shock and horror. Never had something like this ever happened in the Duat.

Yinepu, still holding the quivering Ammit, bowed respectfully. "Do you know what caused this?"

Ré became thoughtful. "I do not know, but its power was felt well beyond our Realms."

Heru crossed his arms with a snort. "Nothing is that strong. You would know about it."

"I would know about it if it was of our world."

"That's bad," Bastet said, her tied back hair poofing.

Aset rolled her eyes. "Anything that goes beyond our Realms is concerning. No doubt that wave of energy was felt throughout all the worlds within and without our own."

Silence.

"Is there anything we can do?" Auser asked.

Ré shook his head sadly. "This goes beyond my power and my territory."

The Gods exchanged glances. If there was nothing they could do to discover what caused the world-wide quake, then how were they supposed to protect their people and themselves from it? They could only hope aid would come from the outside and put a stop to the threat, assuming there was a threat, before it was too late.