sleep

Ashley's fever broke three days later, much to Charlie's relief, and as soon as she felt ok enough to stay awake for more than a few hours, she noticed how run down he looked. "Charlie, seriously, please don't tell me you stayed awake for three days to take care of me!"

He stifled a yawn, trying to cover it and shake his head.

"You're a horrible liar. here, I can stand!" She stood, a little shaky still, but it no longer made her dizzy. "I'll make you a cup of tea, you need to go to bed! Where-" She walked into his pile of blankets and turned to look at him in complete horror. "You slept in the hallway?"

Charlie looked away, but Ashley could see the guilty look on his face.

"Oh, Charl." She softened her voice, walking back over, feeling a little out of breath already. "Here, come on." She gently took him by the arm, leading him to her dad's room, using his wand to change the bed. It was interesting, using someone else's wand, it responded differently but still got the job done. "Sleep here, he won't mind. I'll bring you tea, is there anything else?"

He shook his head, still little hesitant about taking the bed, "Are you sure?"

Ashley nodded.

"Oh. The incubator is in the kitchen on your cooker."

She nodded, leaving the door ajar as she left to make tea for him. She felt too guilty, as he'd obviously been taking care of her for three days straight, even sleeping in the hallway when he could. Now it was her turn, even if she was still sick. She was well enough to function, just not quite well enough to venture outside too far. Of all times for her to be sick, it had to be when her dad was away. Reconsidering, it was probably the better time for her to be ill, though she was still sorry that Charlie had to care for her.

She had to sit down while making the tea, but her even being out of bed was a good sign. She'd have to try a few healing spells, though pneumonia was notorious for never responding to them well. She took a few deep breaths (or as deep as she could) before standing with the tea, knocking on the door before entering to find Charlie sat still fully clothed on the bed. "Here, drink this."

He looked sceptical, so she reassured him it was just tea, and he took a sip. Seeming satisfied, he relaxed a bit more. "You're sure he won't mind?"

Shaking her head, Ashley tried to reassure him that her dad really wouldn't, that she'd wake him if she needed anything, and left him to catch up on some much-needed rest.
She decided to settle herself on the sofa and read a few books, noticing one no the side with a few of the pages marked with what Ashley could only assume were bookmarks (she was no stranger to using whatever was on hand to mark her page in a book) and opened it, curious as to what Charlie was reading in a medical book. She scanned the page, smiling softly as she realised he'd been reading up on treatments for pneumonia, and everything around it. Ashley had to admit, that was cute. She definitely needed to thank him for going above and beyond for her.

Ashley thought last-minute to send a message to Pete, letting him know she was alive and recovering well, though it would probably be another week before she could think of returning to the hospital. Only a half-hour later he'd sent a reply, stating that he was managing well and for her to take her time and not try come back too early. She was surprised at how lenient and nice everyone was being towards her while she was sick; the few other places she'd been working with other people, if someone got sick and couldn't work, they were often left to fend for themselves.

Of course, she was completely exhausted from doing even basic tasks still, but knew she really had to shower, so dragged herself to her room for some clothes and towels, before making sure Charlie was ok and sleeping, before jumping in the shower. Of course, she decided it was probably better to sit down in the shower; it was a little odd at first, but at least she wouldn't get dizzy and fall over in the shower. That would be awkward, having to call Charlie in...
She wiped that thought out of her mind, washing as quickly as she could, wanting her bed more than anything right then, drying her hair with a spell and dressing in the joggers and top she'd brought in with her. Admittedly, she felt a lot better after that, and climbed back into bed with a book, enjoying the peace that so rarely occurred when it came to her life.