just a tad overdramatic

Charlie didn't know how it had come to this, with James trying to convince him that he really needed to try again, just one last time, to tell Ashley he loved her. He didn't see the point, he thought it was obvious she didn't like him even as a friend anymore, so he'd stopped bothering her. He'd decided maybe it was time to try and move on. Why James thought differently, he didn't know but he wanted to find out, which led to him agreeing, albeit a little hesitantly, to roleplay it out yet again.

Which obviously led to Jace walking in on the two of them while James was mid love confession, complete with a yellow towel on his head.

Blinking, Jace was still trying to make sense of what was going on before stupidly blurting out, "James, you have a towel on your head."

The two men stared at him for a second before James managed to respond. "I'm Ashley."

"We're roleplaying," Charlie explained, relaxing a little, looking exhausted.

"Oooo can I be Charlie?" Jace grinned excitedly, closing the door and throwing his bag to a corner.

"No, I actually am-"

"Yes!" James yelled, going to their airing cupboard and finding another towel, changing the colour to bright orange.

"What's the towel for?" Jace asked, curiously, reaching for it.

"He has long hair, you have to wear the towel."

"You don't have to-"

"I'm wearing the towel, Charles!" He placed it over his hair, not being particularly careful with his curls as he'd have a shower anyway after and wash them. "Right, watch and learn, we're going to show you how to profess your undying love for Ashley."

Charlie sighed, shaking his head, though secretly amused at whatever was unfolding before him.

"Ok." Jace cleared his throat. "Ashley I need to talk to you."

"I thought I told you-"

Jace and Charlie immediately started laughing as James spoke in a falsetto voice with a hand on his hip.

"What?" James spoke innocently, still in the falsetto tone. "I don't know what's so funny!"

Jace managed to compose himself enough to carry on going. "Ok, sorry, I'm all good."

James rolled his eyes, dropping the fake high-pitched voice, "at least attempt to do a British accent!"

"Umm..." He looked a little lost for a few seconds before saying, "Ashley, I need to talk to you about something," in a half fake English accent, half badly-imitated Manchester accent.

"Not even close but it will do." Charlie laughed.

James revered back to his too-high-pitched falsetto. "I thought I told you I don't want to talk to you!"

"Ashley, please, I know what I did was idiotic."

"It was not-"

"The grownups are teaching, Charles!" James said, being slightly overdramatic, never dropping in pitch. "You broke my heart, Charlie!"

Jace stifled a laugh at James' overdramatic acting, deciding if James was going all out, he would too. "I'm so sorry Ashley, But I need to tell you something." He clutched his hands to his chest, acting as though he was in a soap opera.

"What is it?" James batted his eyelashes at him.

"I'm in love with you!" James gasped as Jace flung his arms wide, nearly smacking Charlie in the process. "I have always loved you, and I want to spend my life devoted to you!"