simple

Ashley-Rae was sure of many things in life, and before 21st April 1996, she would have been sure that Dumbledore wasn't in Romania, especially not at the sanctuary. But It was midday, and he was stood in the doorway of the hospital along with Charlie, and suddenly Ashley wasn't entirely sure about anything.

"I, um, Professor." Ashley walked towards them, a little concerned and a lot confused.

"Ah, Ashley-Rae, how's things going for you and your father?"

She stumbled over her thoughts for a second before piecing together something coherent. "We're just fine. He's dragging me all over the world, as usual, only this time I get to stop him from fatally injuring himself."

Dumbledore nodded seriously, "you did very well for yourself, graduating your Healer course early too, as well as Hogwarts. I hope we didn't put too much pressure on you."

She laughed, "any pressure was put on me by myself, professor, I'm perfectly capable of stressing myself out over those sorts of things."
Charlie looked a little concerned, but she brushed it off. "Anyway, can I help you? Or are you just letting Charlie show you around?"

"Ah," he nodded, "I seem to have twisted my ankle walking over some of the rocks, Charlie here said you could fix it right up for me."

Ashley nodded, asking him to sit on a bed so she could work, casting a few healing spells around it, making sure all he'd done was sprain it, wrapped it so it would be secure, and stood back once she was finished.

"That was quick."

"How come you're never that fast when treating me?" Charlie whined, but Ash could see the smile in his eyes.

She raised an eyebrow, "because your injuries are usually because you got in the way of a dragon on a rampage, or trying to separate Mango and Mila, winding up with you having several broken bones, severe burns, or all of the above."

He shrugged, "it's part of the job."

Ashley looked like she wanted to say something else, but Pete cut her off instead, "walk away, it's Charlie and they're dragons, you're not winning that fight."

She realised he was probably right, bidding them goodbye and going back to her original tasks of stocking and ordering. She stood to the side, watching Charlie out of the corner of her eye, trying not to draw attention to herself. He seemed a little more relaxed now that Dumbledore was here - most likely because he'd been completely filled in on everything and whatever was going down in England. She knew it was constantly on his mind about the disappearances, dreading the day someone from his family would go missing, that their name would end up in that list on the radio or in the paper.

Shaking away the thoughts, she tried to focus back on the task, but her mind was constantly wandering back to Charlie, and it was even worse when he was stood right there. She decided it was because she was spending more time with him than anyone else apart from Pete, considering it seemed like her dad was only at their house when she was at work. Ashley knew it was against her rule to never get too attached to anyone on a job, but she just had to remind herself that it was temporary and she would be ok.

Maybe.

Whatever. She really needed to focus on actually stocking the shelves instead of just staring at them.

"Deep in thought there?" Pete yanked her back to the present, making her blink a few times before comprehending what he'd just said.

"Yeah, sorry, I swear I'm doing this." She shook her head again.

"Anything to do with Charlie?"

She turned around so fast she was afraid it would give her whiplash. "What?"

He raised his eyebrows, "I'll take that as a yes."

She just looked at him strangely, not giving a concrete answer. What could she say right there? Pete wasn't wrong, but it wasn't that simple. How could it be?