19: Wes Learns Everything!

"What did you say when she said all that?" Wes asked with wide eyes when I told him about the lunch craziness with Tareq's mom.

"Nothing. I left." I looked over at Tareq who had set up his laptop on a table near the window. He was into his work and half-listening while I rehashed the drama for Wes.

He'd gotten us a suite at a hotel built on a resort island off the coast. The suite had two bedrooms so Wes was going to stay with us. Tareq had the workers bring over our things.

"So awkward. What do you want to do? Do you think you'll make up with her?" Wes asked.

"We will get apartment here. When baby is born we can move where Dylan desire, but the medical care he need is here. I will keep him separate from my mother." Tareq answered for us.

Wes and I were sprawled out on the couch flipping through tv channels.

"I don't know. I really want this baby to have the best doctors. What if something goes wrong? I don't want something bad to happen to the baby just because my feelings got hurt." I shook my head.

"True... do you want me to stay here with you? I wouldn't mind. I can make sure I am always with you when you're around her. I'll put her in her place. Plus... I really like Ishaq. He's so different from Tucson guys. He's like... everything I want in a guy. I can't go back," Wes cooed with a blissful smile.

"Yes! Please! This would go so much better with you here. You have to stay." I leaned over and put my head on his shoulder. He put his arm around me and made me feel better.

"Wes should speak with his family before make decision like this. Is big thing to commit," Tareq called from his work table.

"You don't get a vote. I need my friend." I was still angry with him.

"He's right though. My parents might not be cool with it, but at least they've seen the family. They really loved your engagement party. I'll call and talk to them." Wes tried to calm the situation.

I thought about the engagement ring Tareq had given me. He'd put it in his zipper wallet when we'd left the coffee shop. We hadn't discussed it, and I hoped he'd let it go.

A knock on the door to our suite revealed a very worried Reyk.

"What is going on? You were so happy when I helped you get ready this morning. How are you feeling? This is not good for the baby." Reyk looked at me with concern.

Wes filled him in on the drama. I didn't want to rehash it. Reyk looked at me with compassion.

"Ok... We'll take a break for a few days here, but the Zakar compound really is the best place. You have the private gym and the chef who knows your nutrition needs. And Mr. Zakar adores you. I'm sure he can keep distance between you and the grandmother." Reyk started.

"We do not speak of this right now. My Dylan needs rest. If you speak of it, you will leave. I need my Dylan to settle. The boys want to watch a movie and relax." Tareq stopped him.

Since the coffee shop, he'd turned into a guard dog ready to destroy anyone who threatened my calm.

"Of course. Rest and relaxation. Did you look at the menu of spa treatments they have here? We can go for a massage. They're supposed to be world-class at this place. That will help recenter you." Reyk moved towards a leather book propped up behind the tv that showed all of the services.

"I don't want some stranger touching me." I shook my head. Massages creeped me out.

"Of course not. I do not want this either. I will touch my boy as he needs." Tareq agreed.